Saturday, March 15, 2014

Taiping: Ming Ji's Cuisine (明记美食馆)

Back in Taiping, I rarely go for western cuisine, as most of them are quite normal - something that mom can cook. I still crave for western, occasionally, and I will end up in Panorama or Nagaria. Weeks ago, my sis told me that there's a new western restaurant. I doubt it will be good initially. Didn't have much expectation. However, my first try was awesome! Their menu surprised me, of course, the food is good with reasonable price. 

The restaurant I'm talking about is Ming Ji's Cuisine. It is located opposite Siang Malam (not the same row as KFC, it is at another side). The shop used to be a chicken rice shop, with the same name. Hmm.. No wonder it sounds a bit familiar to me. 

The front look of the restaurant. It is pretty obvious if you are driving along this street (on your left!)



They have outdoor seating as well. If you prefer to enjoy the sunlight, this could be your choice! =)



Before walking into the restaurant, saw a set-lunch promotion. Hmmm.. Tempted! =D



Inside the restaurant. I like their lighting and background music. Makes me feel so comfortable with this place. =) They have simple decorations on the walls - some pictures at a corner.  



They have small pots of plants too. A feel of home. =)

The environment of the restaurant is very relaxing and comfortable. A very nice place for family dinner or even gathering with friends. 

Ok, let's check out their food! Food is always the main point of a restaurant, to me at least. If there's beautiful decorations but disgusting food, I will never go back. 


A glance at their menu and their table setting. Simple, nice. 

Oh wow! They have photos of food! Easy for people like me who cannot decide on what to eat. 
Imagination always fail so photo is the best! All the food look tempting! Found chicken parmigiana - I've been looking for chicken parma, which is hardly (very hard) found in Taiping.  


They have also a few choices for fish menu. The plating of this looks tempting too! Fine dining feel with only RM14.90, I think it's pretty reasonable (or rather cheap).



Burgers and sandwiches are available too. Maybe I'll try this next time. I had too many burgers recently. XD


There's also asian cuisine if you can't accept or not keen for western. As the chef came back from Penang, so expect for Penang Char Koay Teow! 
They also told me that the chef learnt some dishes from a sifu from China and hence they serve pretty good szechuan noodle and hot & sour soup noodle. Hmm.. Convincing.

After flipping through the menu, I found another promotion on the wall. 
Add-on RM6 for a drink, soup and unlimited ice-cream refill. Very good deal. *watery eyes blinking and look at unlimited refill* Haha!


I like the design of the table. So close to nature. (my favourite)

Spotted another beautiful decoration hanging while waiting for my food. Cute isn't it! It makes me smile =)

AND.............


TA-DAA!!!


FOOD IS HERE!!!!





Pork Cordon Bleu (RM19.90)
It is crispy rolled pork loin with cheddar cheese, wrapped with pork bacon, served with mushrooms and mashed potato. 
What's the black sause? Black pepper sause. =) I find this combination quite amazing as you will not feel too cheesy or too starchy with the potatoes. Black pepper sauce is slightly spicy and hence it will enhance your appetite, make the dish more interesting. =) NICE!


Chicken Italian (RM16.90)
If you are looking for something cheesy, but not too oily, this is a good choice. My first time trying such combination too. They have pizza sauce, tomatoes and mozarella cheese on top of grilled chicken. It feels like pizza-style grilled chicken. 
I'm pretty happy with the side dish too! Potato salad at the bottom -- not normal sides like fries or mashed potatoes. Thumbs up! I personally prefer this as I like the cheese and the very smooth & soft  grilled chicken.


I'm very satisfied with my visit. Second visit and keep counting. =) They are new in town and it's time for some locals and tourists to try out!

My next visit, I'm gonna try this! It's a fusion and hence I'm tempted. =D Can't wait!
And also mushroom soup (RM6.90). They told me their mushroom has blended mushrooms =D



Address: 36, Market Square, 34000 Taiping, Perak.

Opening hour: 11.30am - 10.30pm Daily (Rest day will be announced in advanced)

Reservations are allowed, especially for events/big groups. 

Like them on facebook - CLICK Ming Ji's Cuisine


P/S: Specially thanks to Ming Ji's Cuisine for allowing me to visit. You guys are good. Keep it up! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment