Friday, March 7, 2014

Kota Kinabalu: Kiulu River White Water Rafting

DAY 3 (Part 1) - Kiulu River White Water Rafting

As an adventurous tourist, you gonna do something different every time you travel. So I tried something new in KK! White water rafting! And it goes to my "FIRST" list. At first, I thought it would be a scary experience. River, Boat, Speed. Being someone who panic very easily, I was quite afraid the day before. Of course, I have to pretend strong in front of my friends. Personal image is very important. Haha!

So early in the morning, we grabbed a quick breakfast - Roti Bakar at Restaurant Fook Yuen, and headed to Kiulu. Kiulu is a small town in north western part of Kota Kinabalu, and being the second most beautiful village in Malaysia. (Didn't know that until I do my research >.<). Kiulu river is classified as Class I-II river, which means it is suitable for beginners. If you are an advanced paddlers, consider Padas River, a Class III-IV river.  

We were being separated into group of 5 and we had our safety equipment on! They had briefing for us before we start. Pretty informative and interesting. I learnt some survival skills! (Just saying) 



So here we go! The whole journey was about an hour and we enjoyed to the fullest! We have a guide with us, his name is Blu. Blu is really helpful and naughty sometimes. He guided us to paddle as fast as we can when there's a stream while he is the one directing the boat. To be honest, I don't think our paddle helps in any way. His paddle is the one that is powerful and lead us all the way. He can lead us to some rocks and let our boat shakes a bit or he can purposely try to make the boat unstable, hoping for someone to fall of the boat. 

Our boat was noisy as we screamed all the way. We splashed water at other boats too! It was really fun! Another group of friends had some different experience. One of them fell down from the boat, twice. So they had the chance to watch their "powerful" guide saving people. It is the experience that matters and luckily my friend did not get hurt. =)

Upon reaching the destination, Blu asked all of us to jump off the boat. To swim and enjoy the coldness of the water. It was real fun! Being a hyperactive kid, I tried to swim and didn't notice that I was swimming away from the group. Luckily Blu was quick enough to hold me and pull me back. The stream was drastically fast! Scary. =S So people, listen to instruction, don't be naughty!

Lunch was provided after water rafting. It was good as all of us were very hungry. We had buffet-style lunch and we carried all the dishes to our table. Like a boss. XD 

Some photos taken by their photographer. Thank you for such amazing photos! *thumbs up*


Us happily smiling to the camera.



WITHOUT KNOWING SOMETHING IS COMING UP NEXT!!




We bumped into the rocks. Luckily we hold on real tight. Hehe... 

After white water rafting! For sure must take a photo with Kiulu River. 

It was an amazing experience. I want to go water rafting again! Who can resist the fun?

Next up: Rumah Terbalik

No comments:

Post a Comment