Thursday, March 27, 2014

Why should we travel?

I'm always enthusiastic about traveling, whether locally or internationally. I start to feel excited from the moment I purchase the flight ticket. It is quite interesting to 'hunt' for a good deal for hotel(s) and also cheap flight. I have plenty of places that I wanted to visit in mind. Sadly, I have no savings at the moment. Travel plan should come in a halt.

To be honest, I never take a plane until I was 18. First flight was a domestic flight from Kuala Lumpur (KL) to Penang (PNG). Air Asia. It is just a flight for me to go home. Second time was my family trip to Korea. First international flight was exciting, yet tiring! I felt like a kampung (village) girl when I was in the airport. XD

Why should we travel? In my opinion, traveling is good. Why? Continue reading! 

1) You explore new things when you travel.
Either food, culture, weather, scenery, or people. The more new things you explore, the more exciting is your journey. The more new things you try/learn, the more knowledgeable you are. Do some homework before your trip. It would be a life lesson. A new country. A new place. Meet new people.

Nice scenery at Tasmania. It looks like heaven. (2011)

2) You learn to manage your money.  
Allocate an amount for your trip and you will learn how to spend them wisely. You know you can't spend too much as you will have a hard time after the trip. Basic financial management # Lesson 1.



3) You learn to be independent and adventurous.
If you are traveling alone, you are on your own. You can't wait for others to save you from dangerous situation. All you need to do is to try to keep yourself safe. You will learn to do things on your own. Buy your own coffee. Book your own hotel. Take tourist photos by yourself. And when you're traveling, even with friends or family, you can be an adventurous person, better than you thought. You will find new food to eat, new activities to try, try talking to people in foreign languages. TRY EVERYTHING TOURIST!!!


I have animal-phobia but I feed wallaby, kangaroos and all sorts of animal while traveling. You might only meet them once in your life. Concur your fear!

4) A good chance for you to take good photos.
Visit places with nice scenery. Good for photographers and social media freaks (time to change cover photo and profile picture).


Tulip Festival in Melbourne, 2011.

5) You know how to find a good travel companion.
Only people who think alike can travel together happily.

6) You learn to be organized.
Travel plan is where you learn to organize time and people. And where you improve your geography too!

7) You need to leave your footprints. As many as you can.

Mine at Tasmania! =) (2011)


No comments:

Post a Comment