Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Kota Kinabalu: Desa Cattle Farm

Last Spot of the trip (DAY 5) : Desa Cattle Farm

Due to some technical error with one of our rented car, our trip in Kota Kinabalu was forced to end earlier. Our car got over-heated, situation was quite bad. So we had to turn off the air-cond and drove real slow down the hill from Kundasang to the airport. Another car did went to try coconut pudding but 5 of us with the spoilt car couldn't make it. HOW SAD. Hence this is the last spot of mine, of 5 of us -- Desa Dairy Farm.

Desa Dairy Farm is located at the foothill of Mountain Kinabalu, at the Mesilau Plateau, Kundasang. It is about 30 minutes drive from the Kinabalu Park and 10 minutes from Kundasang Town. It is one of the main attractions in Kundasang town, some even referred it as "New Zealand view in Sabah".

The sky was real dark when we reached Desa Cattle Farm. However, it did not affect much the beautiful-ness of the farm.


Spot the cows! They are enjoying their lunch, I suppose.


Zoom in to look at the cows, a bit clearer. 

A must-take-photo-spot-of-tourists. Huge rock that will be on your left after a minute drive from the entrance.



This is also a nice spot to take photo. Just opposite the huge rock. Seems like a photo in New Zealand, huh?!



After taking photos, we went into this building to check out what they have inside. 


Oh! Food and beverage kiosk! *Look around for ice cream*


And yeah! They really have gelato! And fresh milk! Yogurt is coming soon, so we couldn't try. =(
The price is alright. And as a tourist, you must try everything that you're interested. 


I ordered a 500mL of Fresh Milk (RM3.50) and a cup of vanilla gelato (RM5.00). 
The gelato isn't that tasty as what I've expected, but it still makes me happy as the weather is real hot. I tried the milk while I'm in the airport, not like some other fresh milk that I've tasted. It was alright, but not enough of  "milky" taste.  


After having my gelato, I went to the calf pen to take photos with the calf. I'm seriously afraid of animals, although they are in the cage. However, I need to be brave to capture some photos, to leave some memory behind. Tourist spirit! 


Close-up with the calf! I was really stiff beside the calf. I posed for 5 seconds and ran away. My smile can shows that I'm really scared. *stiff*


There's some goat in the calf pen too! Hmm... That's why they have fresh goat milk in the kiosk =)


View of the farm from the calf pen. Pretty! 

If you happen to go to Kundasang, consider to drop by here, maybe for a few photos and a box of fresh milk. Entrance fee is below RM5 (I forgotten how much I've paid, RM4? RM3? RM2?). It is open between 8.30am to 5.30pm, daily.

Address is here! P.O.Box 71, 89308 Kundasang, Ranau, Sabah. Search for Desa Cattle Farm with your GPS and you should be able to find it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment