Sunday, March 16, 2014

Penang: The Mugshot Cafe

Cafe is the new trend. There's plenty of cafes "blooming" in KL/PJ area, then Penang, then Ipoh. I never go for cafe hunting in Penang in 2013, because it sounds a bit odd for a tourist. Go Penang for coffee and not hawker food? It sounds ridiculous to me. 

But nowadays, I go Penang so often until I'm bored with the hawker food. So it is time to hunt for some nice coffee in town! There's a lot of cafes apparently when I do a google search. It is headache to choose from such a long list. Arghhh... So we decided to go randomly. As Penang island isn't too big, cafes are nearby, mostly in Georgetown. Hence, my friend and I decided to randomly pick one - among some "older" ones. 

And we decided to visit The Mugshot! I saw a lot of instagram photos of this cafe since 2013. They have yogurts, bagels and of course, coffee. The cafe is quite long, with mainly 2 sections - one being the section you make your order, with a few tables around and a bakery beside; another one is where you can capture your mug shot, more sunshine with garden theme. Quite interesting design. =)

The Mugshot. Love the lighting.




The first section that I described previously. Typical cafe design, with very simple menu. 
I ordered a latte and shared a cream cheese salmon bagel with my friend.


My Mugshot time!! Something to kill time while waiting for my coffee. 
Gosh.. I'm only 5 feet with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. How sad is it. =(

Haha! Enough of joke. Here's my food!!


Latte (RM10)
No pretty pretty latte art is a bit disappointing. But it's portion is fairly large and taste good. The taste didn't disappoint me as I've been missing nice coffee for a month. =)

Cream cheese and salmon Bagel (RM10)
And a group photo for my food! The bagel is good! They put quite a lot of salmon in side, which surprise me a little. It makes me happy that morning. =)

Did not manage to try yogurt as we need to save some space for hawker food with other friends. So, I'll try it next time. I'll be back =D 


Address: 302, Lebuh Chulia, Georgetown, Penang.

Opening hours: Daily 8am - 9pm (Good place for breakfast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment