Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunway: Tai Lei Loi Kei 大利来记

Tai Lei Loi Kei has been blooming everywhere since mid-2013. I've seen one branch in SS15 before a newer one open in Sunway Pyramid. (There may be other branches opening at other places, but due to my lack of knowledge/common sense/sense of direction, I only know about Subang area.)

It is actually a restaurant that is famous with their pork chop bun (猪扒包) in Macau. Many tourists will drop by the stall in Macau and I've seen photos of long queue, just for their pork chop bun. It does not attracts me as I think it is something that I can make at home. Fried the pork chop and toast the bread. Easy huh?!

After my Hong Kong trip in December 2013, I've tried pork chop bun in Macau, but not from Tai Lei Loi Kei. The restaurant that I went is recommended in openrice hong kong and hence I decided to try that instead. Hmm... Nothing surprise me. Other than the crispy bun, pork chop taste pretty normal. Something that I dislike is the bones in the pork chop! Quite hard to finish the bun like a lady. XD

Well, there's one morning that I went to Sunway Pyramid and trying to look for something light and not filling. I've tried most bread shop in Pyramid and hence decided to try Tai Lei Loi Kei. Give chance give chance. =P

Missed their breakfast set, which ends at 11am. Was there around 11.10am. *CRY* So I ordered a pork chop bun (plus egg and cheese), curry fishballs noodle (咖喱鱼蛋面)and also a Macau dessert -- Serradura/Biscuit Mousse (木糠蛋糕). 

Here's the bun! The bun is nice but there's bones in the pork chop! WHY MUST HAVE BONES? I almost crack my tooth with food again. LOL.. Additional egg and cheese make the bun tastes nicer. But it is quite oily overall. NOT HEALTHY. 


Curry Fishballs Noodle! 
I gotta say this is good. The curry taste local, but nice. Fishballs aren't hong kong-style but they are nice as well. *thumbs up*

Biscuit Mousse. 
It tastes like ice cream instead of pudding or cake that I've been expecting. Well, it reminds me that I missed the chance trying the famous stall in Macau. Is this good? Hmmm... I would say it is so-so. Worth trying if you haven't tasted this dessert. Nice to me but not as expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment