Sunday, March 16, 2014

Taiping: Hawker Center - some of my favourite stalls.

As mentioned in previous post about my family's shop - Sin Heng Guan at Taiping Hawker Center. So, I'm very familiar with this place and perhaps, tried all the stalls. I've been hanging around here for 20+ years, and when some stalls changed owner then I have new stalls to try! 

Taiping Hawker Center has more than 80 food and beverages stalls, some open in the morning till afternoon, while some open in the evening. There are Chinese, Malay and Indian stalls, so expect for a variety of food! You can find roti canai, soup noodles, vegetarian food, curry mee, chee cheong fun, wan tan mee, etc etc.

Today, I'm going to share with you a few stalls that I like. 

See how many stalls are there? It is just a part of hawker center. And I'm taking photo at the open-air space. It will be quite windy in the night. Great spot to "yum-cha" with friends. =)


Another side of the hawker center. And yes, this is a huge food court. 


First stall : Hoo Song Yuan Seafood 好松园海鲜

I always order my dinner from this stall as they have nice and cheap dishes. Hence, I'm close with the boss nowadays until I can make special request (they will say yes, only if they can prepare for me).

The signboard of the stall. C42. They serve noodles, rice, and dishes. 




C43 stall is also under the same boss. They serve desserts and other drinks. =)


This is my birthday dinner 2014. I requested the chef to cook me yam pot (佛鉢) and he agreed to make it on the day. Yeah! I did not tell him that it's for my birthday though. Kind chef. <3

We always order 3-5 dishes as dinner and the bill is always less than RM100, even if we have 8 people dining. Cheap I would say. The normal dishes for my dinner would be toufu (the chef made it himself. very soft!), vege, fish, and maybe prawns/eggs/chicken/pork. 


Another special request of my sis for her birthday. Scallop! So never look down on stalls in hawker center. They can have very nice plating and special dishes. =D

Another favourite and must-try dish! Pork Rib (排骨王). It is boneless and the sauce is really good. I think kid would love this! So am I!

This stall opens every evening, except Wednesday. So welcome to drop by for dinner! 


Second stall: Sugarcane drink stall. C34
This stall is just beside my family's shop and hence I'm very close with the uncle. Uncle is always very kind to us and we love ordering coconut and sugarcane drink from him. Coconut is the best drink under this hot weather. Sugar cane is good too! I can finish 2 glasses of sugar cane at once. Haha. Of course, he serves other drinks too! 

Variety of drink! Front view of the stall.
Try the red bean soup if you want some dessert after dinner. I like to order a hot one as supper. =)

Back view of the stall. 

The stall opens daily, around 6.30pm till late. Come and have a sugar cane drink!


THIRD STALL: C35- Famous with Char Kuey Teow and Fishball soup

This stall serves fairly good char kuey teow and fried rice in my opinion. For your information, their fried rice portion is HUGE. I'm serious! Taste nice as well! Have a try if you want some fried rice and when you're really hungry. =)



This stall closes every Tuesday and Wednesday. Opens in the evening till late.

FOURTH STALL: C41 - Coffee and nice Nasi Lemak

This stall has very nice 3-layered tea (三色奶茶) and teh-c (奶茶). I tried their Nescafe-C once and it is really good. Very thick texture. *slurps* Oh ya! Not to forget their packet Nasi Lemak. Very spicy and tasty. You gonna grab them fast, or else it will be sold out. ;D



No comments:

Post a Comment