Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Taiwan: Taiwan Burrito @ Hua Xi Street Tourist Night Market

As mentioned in previous post, I tried Taiwanese Popiah in Hua Xi Street Tourist Night Market. After second thought, it should be named as Taiwan Burrito, which is also the name of the stall. Taiwan Burrito is called "Run Bing" (润饼) in Chinese.

I was very sick in the beginning of the trip, cough and flu until couldn't speak properly. So I decided to pick some healthy street food to prevent my illness from getting worse. Walked along the night market, seeing lots of stalls selling Taiwan Sausages, Fried Chicken, etc etc.. I tried to hold back and picked this Taiwan Burrito. Something new as I never try such food in Taiwan during my previous trip. Taiwan sausages can wait. Haha...

The Taiwan Burrito stall.
Being very polite, I asked the boss if I can snap pictures of his stall. XD
The boss seems very happy. Young, cheerful and energetic boss. =)

Some description about Taiwan Burrito.
It is not something new in Taiwan. It has been a traditional food since centuries ago. Same range as Spring Roll (春卷)

There are 2 flavours available. Basically just pork (left) and beef (right) to me.
Since I can't take beef, I have only one choice. =D 

The boss preparing our Taiwan Burrito.
Look at the ingredients he put on that small piece of popiah skin. So generous. I love him. XD

Me with the burrito. It is huge!
Felt so full after eating one whole burrito by myself. The pork is really nice! Taste like Char Siew. There goes my dinner..... Can't even try more street food. XD
(Yes I lied. Coz you will see me eating more food that night in the coming post) 

No comments:

Post a Comment