Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Taiwan: Day 2 Tamsui Fishman's Wharf (渔人码头) and Tamsui Old Street (淡水老街)


What's next??? Tamsui (淡水)!! 
It is just a few stops away from Beitou station. 

Never take a photo of the MRT railway. Ta-da!!
Awww.... I miss Melbourne Southern Cross Station.

Some cute decoration at the railway station. It is too far away from me, can't take tourist photo. =(

Once we stepped out of the MRT, the beauty of Tamsui River really attracts me. 


Another view from MRT station.
Note: Tourist shall just spend 1-2 minutes here. More great scenery coming up!!

But wait!! Tourist photo first!! HAHA~~

Take the exit on the left at Tamsui (淡水) MRT station, you will reach the Tamsui Old Street and also waterfront. 



At the waterfront!

View of the Tamsui Old Street (淡水老街) from the waterfront (金色水岸).

You can rent a bike and cycle here too!
But we didn't, as we are rushing towards the port to get a ferry to Fisherman's Wharf.

Tourist photo!! Look like an OOTD photo. Really love that red Nike!
Bought our tickets at the counter for NTD60 (one way). Here's our ferry or so called boat!

Guess what is this!!! Bought this cute snack before boarding the boat.
This is called Fried Milk (炸牛奶). Bought it with NTD 100 for 3 sticks.  

Let me take a selfie with the fried milk! It is really nice.
Crispy outer layer and soft creamy milk inside. Hmmm..... I want to have that again. 


On board! Let me take a photo of my ticket! There's 2 boat company at the waterfront. This is the cheaper one. =) 

In the boat, we waited for quite a long time, around 30 minutes. Our plan to watch sunset at Fishman's Wharf was a goodbye at that moment. A little disappointed though.

Scenery of the lover's bridge (情人桥)! Lighting is really nice. =)

Prefer this photo's lighting. =)

A graffiti art! Not coloured and looked a bit creepy to me XD

And there's some bars at Fisherman's Wharf. Looks happening.
I'll have to sit here and have a drink during my third visit to Taiwan, maybe 5-8 years later. Hehe...

WELCOME TO FISHERMAN'S WHARF!


Another nice angle of the Lover's Bridge (情人桥). So romantic!


The girls with the lover's bridge as background. 


Favourite photo at Tamsui! Readers, do you think this is nice???? 

Lover's bridge again! I swear I did not edit this photo! Look at the blue sky!


Tourist photo on the bridge! Guess what's the meaning of my tourist pose?
(Hint: I'm trying to show my favourite time!)

Another side of the bridge

Must see place. The LOVE sign. Romantic at night but it is a bit hard to take photo. =S

After taking lots of photos with the LOVE sign, we took a bus back to the Tamsui MRT station. 


NEXT STOP: Tamsui Old Street 淡水老街


A view of the old street. I still love this street even though it is my second time visiting.
First time was with my family, and we had super tall ice cream here. =)

I brought my friends to try something special here -- Ah Gei (阿给).
This is a special dish in Tamsui Old Street, where there's fish paste + bean curd with glass noodles inside. 


Fishball! Also a famous thingy in Tamsui. It is made of purely fish I think. Not as bouncy as those we have in Malaysia. Beside the fishballs, is Ah Gei. Special right!

Closer look at Ah Gei ( 阿给).
Maybe there's other stalls selling this dish. But I think this Zeng Ji (曾记) is not bad.

After walking along the old street for a while, I lost my friends. I found JM so I walked around with her to spot for others. Too bad we couldn't find others and I got really worried. Without phone, how could I contact the others if we were really lost??? @_@  Well, after searching around for 10 minutes, I decided to wait at the "entrance" corner of the old street, somewhere near the 4 storeys Starbucks store. So lonely. So lost. T.T 

And I found my favourite Red Bean Cake Stall while standing under the tree. So, I queued up to get one piece of red bean cake. Happy although I'm worried.
Ching Guang Red Bean Cake Stall (晴光红豆饼).
I tried this stall once during my first visit and I really love the red bean cake! Why?? Keep reading. 

See how much red bean paste they put for one red bean cake! Super Duper Generous Amount of Red Beans!
After buying the red bean cake (for NTD10, dirt cheap isn't it?!), I went back to the tree and waited for my friends. JM wanted to check out some clothes nearby and so I ended up alone for a while. More worries. More pek-cek-ness. WHY I ENDED UP UNDER THE TREE??? =(

So, to make myself happier, I took a few shots of my red bean cake. Cute packet!

Look at the red beans! The red bean cake is warm and the red beans are flowing out after a bite.
OMG~~~ Where to find such thing in Malaysia???

Selfie with the cute packet!
I remember people passing by kept staring at me when I snapped this selfie. Embarrassing but I still want to take selfie. =P  Only selfie can make me more occupied at that moment. 

After about 15-20 minutes, I saw the other 4 friends! I almost fainted when I see at their faces. We are not separated. =')

Lesson learnt: Fix a time and meeting point if you travel in a huge group (more than 3 people). Save the worries.


Another must-try nice drink in Tamsui Old Street -- Ah Ma Sour Plum Soup (hot)/Drink (cold).
Su su bought it for me and JM to share. So happy that she still remember me when I'm "gone". JM don't want to drink and I have the whole cup of Sour Plum Drink for myself. *evil grin*


Bought some souvenirs (nougats) before we head to the last stop of the day -- Shilin Night Market (士林夜市). Tamsui, such a tiring stop with lots of worries. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment