Friday, May 16, 2014

Taiwan: Day 3 We Saw Khalil Fong and Food

We checked out from the Fun Taipei Backpackers and moved our luggages to another backpackers hostel. Yeah. Never book last minute like us. Famous rooms ran out and dates are not suitable for us. Well, I don't mind switching hostels as I wasn't confident by just booking one for so many nights. What if the first and only one turns out dodgy? 

Alright, back to our trip. We carried our luggages and took MRT to Taipei Main Station. Our hostel is in the building next to Shin Kong Mitsukoshi (新光三越), called K Mall. Super duper convenient to walk around the city as Taipei Main Station is just few steps away! But well, the room isn't as nice as our first hostel. Location that matters!


Us with our luggages in front of Taipei Main Station. So tourist!!!


Upon approaching the entrance of the building, we saw a crowd. Ah wait! Khalil Fong is coming!
We waited for a while (about 20 minutes), then we gave up and went to check in. We were standing at such a strategic location that time -- Khalil is gonna walk pass us you know. Ah well, we are tourist, we need to save time to visit tourist spots. XD



Khalil!!! 方大同!!! He was singing when we walked out to the MRT station
He looks thinner recently. Nice voice though. =) Of course I have to zoom in and snap photos of him singing -- to show people that I've seen him. LOL Only artist that I saw in Taiwan, so far.





After enjoying the excitement seeing Khalil Fong, we decided to grab lunch. The famous beef noodle in Taiwan. Friends wanted to try that so much and so I have to bring them. I don't eat beef, but I had other non-beef noodles in there. =) Because they agreed to visit hello kitty cafe with me later on, so I directed them to search for their beef noodles. *evil laugh*


About 5-10 minutes walk from Dongmen MRT station.
See the yellow sign board!! There it is!


Close up! Yong Kang Beef Noodle! 

The menu on the wall. Most of their dishes are beef, except a few.

Menu that they served us. Guess which one I ordered??? Right bottom one. 

Steamed pork rib with rice (粉蒸排骨) -- NTD 110


Friend's Beef Noodle. Large bowl is seriously huge! If you're not starving, just order a small one. 
They said it is seriously delicious! 


Mine! Noodles with minced pork (small) --NTD110


Yeah! Lunch at 2.30pm. Look at my happy face. =D
And I'm really glad that I have something to eat in here. Never expect to find non-beef noodles initially. 

After lunch, we wanted to have some desserts. We were really full that time but still craving for something sweet. We ended up in a dessert shop with lots of franchise along the same street. Must be good I guess. 


Tadaa!! Smoothies House (思慕昔). The corner shop.




One bowl to be shared. Mixed fruit ice with mango sorbet. Yummssss!!!


Girls need dessert to smile happily! XD I camouflaged with the strawberries. LOL
Details for both stalls:
1) Yongkang Beef Noodles 永康街牛肉面
Address: 台灣台北市金山南路二段31巷17號

2) Smoothie House 思慕昔 本馆二楼
Address: 台北市大安區永康街15號2F

Both are within walking distance from Dongmen MRT Station. Remember, Yongkang Beef Noodles is not located in Yongkang Street itself. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment