Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Taiwan: Day 1 XiMenDing

After filling our stomach with some food, we headed to XiMenDing for MORE FOOD. As we were just one MRT station away from XiMenDing, I decided to walk there. After asking an uncle for direction, we began our direction-less tour to XiMenDing. So grateful that Taiwan people are really nice and friendly. We kept asking for direction all the way and most of them replied us kindly.

We even made joke of ourselves. We asked people, where is XiMenDing when we had stepped into XiMenDing area. Then the guy looked very lost and replied us, "here". We walked around 20 minutes to reach the happening area of XiMenDing. Then, we start to search for Ah Zong Mee Suah (阿宗面线).

Welcome to XiMenDing signage.
Phewwww!!! Finally we are here!


Being a tourist, I still want to take a photo of the street though I've been here.
Assignment assignment.....


My second time at Ah Zong Mee Suah/Mian Xian!!


Look at the crowd!!! So many people on a Thursday night. 
I'm quite thankful that there are 2 men joining this trip as they are the volunteers to go queue and  buy food for us. =D


The girls with mee suah.
Due to overeating in Hua Xi Street Tourist Night Market, 2 of us shared a bowl. Well, we still bought large bowl, hence it is still a huge portion to be shared. Small bowl is really small and just NTD 15 lesser. 

Note to tourist: get a big one and share. 


It may not be the tastiest, but it is good.
One thing I don't like about this stall is that their mee suah are served with lots of intestine. Not my thing. XD

After eating, we walked around XiMenDing aimlessly. Just to explore and enjoy the area. After a while, we started to search for drink. I recommended my friend to try honey bitter gourd juice but nobody dare. Well, I've tried it last time and hence I'm gonna let them try. Personally, I think it is good and tastes "healthy". So yeah, I ordered a cup of honey bitter gourd juice with aloe vera from Hot Star. (Not a good choice as it cost me NTD 90, too expensive for a cup of drink)

Jie Min and me with our cuppa drink. Not bitter wat. Look at our smile =D


Another view of XiMenDing street.


Street singer. There's a few of them. This one has a big crowd.

Before we leave, we decided to take some tourist photos in front of The Red House (西门红楼) although it has closed. It is just nearby the MRT station and hence our last stop before ending our Day 1 tour. No idea what is inside. Something to explore next time!

The Red House


My private photographer - Tyng Tyng and I. 

 Day 2 tour is more exciting! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment