Monday, June 30, 2014

Penang: Yi Xiang Bak Kut Teh 益香绑线肉骨茶

This Bak Kut Teh Restaurant is recommended by grandma and she told us that the dishes are cute and worth trying. And so, one random evening, I dropped by and try this restaurant, with mom, grandma and aunt. 

It is located at Juru Autocity, beside Sakae Sushi. Not difficult for us to look for it as Juru Autocity used to be my hangout spot. We reached there around 5pm and it may be too early for dinner ==> the restaurant is empty, except workers and us. XD


The Menu --> Pork Rib tied with string (Hmm... look interesting)

Here, the bak kut teh serves in small bowls.
You can pick your favourite ingredients, not like the traditional style where you need to tell the waiter what you don't want. (For me, I dislike intestines and fats, so usually I need to tell the waiter, don't add this, don't add that. In this restaurant, I can pick my favourite meatballs and mushrooms ONLY. XD)

While waiting for the main dish, I ordered a dessert to try. I saw many people recommending this tau fu fa on Facebook and finally I get to try --> Kulai Lou Pan Organic Tau Fu Fa.

The texture of this Tau Fu Fa is too hard and it feels like jelly. Very commercialized taste.
Still, I prefer home-made tau fu fa. RM4 for this bowl and I think it is a bit too overrated. 


Here comes our bak kut teh and yam rice!
Yam rice is a must-order. There are plenty of yamSSS inside this small bowl of rice. *slurps*
Bak kut teh soup is just OK. Nothing fancy, but it is cute (serve in small bowls).

It looks like Bak Kut Teh feast! LOL... I remember we spent about RM80 for this meal.
For me, once is enough. XD

Address: Juru Autocity, Penang

No comments:

Post a Comment