Friday, June 20, 2014

Taiping: Cafe de Memoire 忆留轩

First try at the new cafe in Taiping town! 

Darling came back from Singapore for holiday and we planned to meet up (it is our routine to meet and update each other wherever there's chance)

She wanted to try Mille crepe in Taiping and hence we decided to have a high tea date. :) New cafe in town -- Cafe de Memoire is where we want to try.

The cafe is at a corner, not too spacious but they have vintage European design. Quite comfortable. 

The menu! Creative but difficult to read. I think they should provide white papers at the back of each page to make it clearer. Too difficult to read and choose. 

Table number. Can see that they did put effort in decorating small stuff. Nice

Espresso Mille crepe close up!

Green tea red bean Mille crepe close up!

Each of us ordered a Mille crepe -- espresso Mille crepe and green tea red bean crepe. They served 2 slices in a plate. Well, no nice decoration like The Twelve Cups in Penang, but the crepe is alright.

We also ordered a chococino and cappuccino. Wanted to order green tea latte but out of stock --- disappointed!!

Here's my cup of cappuccino. 


Cakes are nice, but they need to improve on their drinks. My cappuccino tasted very diluted and it costs RM6.20. My friend's chococino tasted too sweet. Totally disappointed as I was craving for a nice cuppa coffee -- I think my Nescafé capsule machine can make better quality coffee. I hope they can improve and I have nice coffee next time!

Selfie time! With the crepes!

We spent quite a long time chit-chatting in the cafe as my "brother" joined us after gym. We even requested the boss to help us snap some Polaroid photos before we leave. 

Their services are good, just the drink and maybe, menu. 

The cafe. 

Address: No.79, Jalan Taming Sari, 34000 Taiping, Perak.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jo. I found this blog while searching for this cafe. I used to stay at the guesthouse upstairs in 2015 with some uni friends. It was a beautiful place to stay. Peaceful in the morning. Unfortunately I found that it's now a honey selling store. Since we boys weren't really a fan of taking photos. Your photos posted here really brings back sweet memories at the place.

    ReplyDelete