Friday, June 13, 2014

Taiwan: Day 7 Ningxia Night Market 宁夏夜市

After we checked in to our last night accommodation -- Holo Backpackers, we headed out again for night market. Last night in Taipei must be fully utilized. *wink* Where to go??? Hmmmmm..........

Guess from the video below! Huge clue given!!



We decided to try Ningxia Night Market (宁夏夜市) as we read a lot of food blogs saying it is a good place for food hunt. *how to resist when one of the famous stall there sells Fried Taro Ball*

Holo Backpackers is near Taipei Main Station and hence it is pretty easy for us to find transport! MRT again! We took the Tamsui Line (Red line) towards Zhongshan MRT station, and walk westward  (following Nanjing west road) to Ningxia Road. 



Spotted a cute traffic light. Different sound for different directions. ~~ creative!


After about 5 minutes walk from MRT station, we've reach Ningxia Night Market!!


Before we reach Ningxia Road, we spotted this famous Fried Oyster Stall -- Lai Ji (赖记鸡蛋蚵仔煎)


How can we not try??? =) (Please kindly ignore my exhausted panda face)


This stall has more eggs and less chewy thingy.
(Not bad! But all my friends prefer Malaysia-version)


Entrance of the night market!
For your information, this night market is pretty small, compared to other night markets that we've been. A bit "night market culture shock". HAHA.


I met up with a hometown friend and hence I left my friends, for few hours. I need to catch up with this long-lost hometown friend. And Thank You for making time to see me in Taiwan! You know, it feels different to meet someone you know for so long in a different country. Food hunt with my hometown friend! =D


Here's the Famous Liu Yu Zi stall (刘芋仔), selling fried taro balls.
MUST TRY!!!


There are 2 different kinds of Taro Balls - original (NTD 15) or Egg Yolk (NTD 20)
I ordered one each, to make sure I won't regret. 


Ingredient: Look at the taros (yam)! There're also meat floss and salted egg yolk.


Ta-daa!! Luckily the queue wasn't too long and it was my turn!


This is the Egg Yolk Taro Ball. OMG OMG OMG. I'm craving it now. *million likes*

I also ordered a bowl of Soya Beancurd in a dessert stall, as I thought Taiwan-version will be nice. But sadly, Taiping-version is nicer. =P So, skip that stall.


My friend did not had anything for dinner and hence he decided to ordered this! He let me try one and it is kinda special. Fried noodles wrapped with spring onion pancake (葱抓饼炒面).
Never seen this is other night market. 


Because I'm a tourist, I have to take photos with all the food. =D


The stall. 

After a while, we decided to go home. Friend sent me back to my hostel as it was about midnight. Thank you gentleman! I went to get some water at the convenient store and friend recommended me this sugarless green tea (photo below). And that 5 minutes shopping session in the convenient store ends our catch up in Taiwan. Till we meet again friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment