Friday, June 13, 2014

Taiwan: Day 8 Fu Hang Dou Jiang 阜杭豆漿

~ Day 8 of my 8-days Taiwan Trip 2014 ~

Woke up at 6.30am!! That's how stupid I look early in the morning.
Nerd look for Day 8. =)
Why I wake up so early? I wanted to try a famous breakfast shop in Taipei -- Fu Hang Dou Jiang (阜杭豆漿) in Huashan Market (华山市场). I read lots of reviews saying that there will be super long queue and hence I decided to wake up earlier to queue. Save time for shopping later. 

At first, none of my friends are keen to try this breakfast shop. They wanted to sleep. And cleverly, my phone alarm wakes all of them up, except myself. Yes, it rang for 20 minutes and I did not hear a thing. (My ringtone is "The one that got away" cover. LOL) So, they woke up and accompanied me to queue for the breakfast shop! Yeah!! Except Jiemin, who need her beauty sleep. 

Huashan Market (华山市场) isn't too far from our hostel (near Taipei Main Station 台北车站). We walked about 10 minutes to reach the market. It is labour day and hence, a public holiday. Look at the queue!!!!

Huashan Market! (华山市场)

The queue!!
The breakfast shop is at 2nd floor and from here, we haven't even reach the entrance to the staircase. Horrible!!

While queuing, we were too bored and took turn to walk around. The couple went to hunt for coffee, the remaining 3 of us spotted another famous breakfast shop --> Yong He Dou Jiang (永和豆浆). This one has a lot of branches in different areas of Taiwan, but since we found one nearby, and we have nothing to do, we decided to give it a try.

Spotted the stall!

Tyng and I walked to the shop and takeaway some food.
Was contemplating what to order as we are gonna have similar food in Fu Hang Dou Jiang (阜杭豆漿)

This shop has a much much much shorter queue than the one in Huashan Market.
We ordered a cup of hot soy milk (热豆浆), egg cakes (蛋饼) & "Hou Bing" with egg (厚饼夹蛋)

The soy milk is just simply diluted. =( *disappointing*

Ta-daa! The "Hou Bing" with egg (厚饼夹蛋). The outer layer (biscuits) is quite crunchy. But compared with the one in Fu Hang Dou Jiang (which I tried later), this one is just OK. 

Egg Cake (蛋饼). This one is good! Much better than the one I had on the 2nd day.

Trying to "advertise" the egg cake (蛋饼).

Sorry, I'm hungry. 
This was about 35 minutes queuing and we still yet to reach the bottom of the staircase. 

After about an hour plus, we are on the staircase! And that's the entrance! FINALLY~

They even have a map to teach you how to queue.
So, queue is normal here. Very normal.


The 2nd floor of the market. There're other food stalls but all of these people were here for Fu Jang Dou Jiang (阜杭豆漿). Crazily crowded in the morning.

The stall! Small, but busy!

The menu. Price ranging from NTD 12 to NTD 54.
Acceptable price + Famous stall = How can I not try.

They open from 5.30am till 12.30pm. (Closed every Monday)

They have less than 10 workers and all of them are very professional.
You only need to order and they will tell you the total price in 2 second. AMAZING!

Greedily, we chose 10 items from the menu.
These 3 bowls are ours - Salted Soy Milk (咸豆浆), Rice Milk (米浆), Soy Milk (豆浆).

Some of the food! Workers are busy preparing.

The breakfast group! *shining bright like a diamond*

This is "Hou Bing" with deep fried cruller "You Tiao" (厚饼夹油条)

"Hou Bing" with egg (厚饼夹蛋)

Our breakfast feast!
Apart from the 5 items that I've names, there're also "Hou Bing" (厚饼), "Bao Bing" (薄饼), "Bao Bing" with egg (薄饼夹蛋), "Bao Bing" with deep fried cruller "You Tiao" (薄饼夹油条) and Caramel "shao bing" (焦糖烧饼). 

Many people recommended the salted soy milk (咸豆浆) and I think it is really special. However, my friends didn't really like it. The soy milk (豆浆) is good! But I personally prefer the rice milk (米浆).

Look at the portion! HUGE! 

We did not manage to finish all, but we did our best! Queue for next time? Erm.... Maybe I need to consider twice. =D

The queue was even longer than before when we were leaving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment