Wednesday, June 4, 2014

[Must Share] Sun Halo in Taiping! 太平看日晕

* Pause for Taiwan Trip post again because I spotted something interesting to share*


Spotted Sun Halo in Taiping! First time in my life seeing such phenomenon and I'm so excited! Thanks to kai gor, mom and grandma for spotting it. After receiving a call from mom, I rushed out of my house with my baby camera to take a few shots. =)


Sun halo is a rare phenomenon -- an optical phenomenon produced by ice crystals creating colored or white arcs and spots in the sky. It also represents that there will be a change of weather soon. (From Wikipedia)

日晕是日光通过云层中的冰晶时,经折射而形成的光现象环绕着太阳,成彩色。日晕的出现往往预测天气要有一定的变化。(百度百科






If you're in Taiping now, go out of your house!  =D But don't look at the sun directly, it will hurt your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment