Thursday, May 21, 2015

Kedah: Kasumi Japanese Cuisine

There are a few Japanese restaurants in Alor Setar area and I've decided to try them all before I get my posting to (maybe) other places. I've went to Ginza Japanese Restaurant for a few times and also Kaede Japanese Restaurant. Of course, not to forget Sushi King for once or twice. There's nothing much to write about Sushi King as it can be found easily. I want to write about something more local. =)

To read about Ginza Japanese Restaurant food review, kindly click HERE.
To read about Kaede Japanese Restaurant food review, kindly click HERE.

Last week, I asked my friend out for dinner as I haven't seen her for quite a while. Erm... about a week or more. That means, I've been eating dinner alone for a week. Thinking of that make me depressed a bit and hence I texted her and asked her out. Luckily she is free to meet up for a dinner. To make it special, we decided to try something new. There's a Japanese restaurant I saw when I went to UOB bank at Jalan Gangsa. Always wanted to go there but forgot about its existence when I need ideas for dinner place. This time, it came into my mind and decided to try it out. 

The restaurant is located at first floor, right beside UOB bank.
Not hard to find it but I'm not too sure if it is searchable with Waze or Google Map. If you can't search the name, perhaps try search for UOB Bank =) Great minds think alike as friend and I reached the place at the same time. Good timing! =D

The restaurant is quite spacious and we are the only few customers for the night. We spent about 2.5 hours there talking (most of time just me grumbling about life) and they are very kind to refill our drinks. The environment makes me feel comfortable and the lighting is bright enough. I don't quite like restaurants with dim lighting as it makes me feel a little emotional. *emo kids nowadays... haihhh...*

Let's talk about food! 

I just used "great minds think alike" right? Yes, it happened again in the restaurant. We aimed the same sushi platter. ^_^ 

It has my favourite inari, tamago nigiri, salmon nigiri and least favourite cucumber maki. 
I enjoyed eating the salmon nigiri but one is not enough. haha.. Me want more salmon! XD This platter cost us about RM10. Roughly that price.

Apart from sushi, each of us ordered a small bowl of don. I ordered a Chicken Terriyaki Don because I think I always order Chicken Katsu Don. Fried stuff is no good. NO!

Ok! So this is how my Chicken Terriyaki Don looks like. 
Pretty appetizing from the photo but a bit dry as there isn't much sauce or gravy on the rice. But the chicken is nice, my type! Not oily and a bit crispy.

After finishng all our food, we are so full. Talked for a while and we decided to get some dessert. Asked the workers if they do serve desserts because we didn't notice any on the menu. And yes, they do serve ice cream -- Vanilla, chocolate and matcha. Both of us (matcha lovers) ordered 1 scoop Matcha Ice Cream each. 


Matcha Ice Cream -- it doesn't taste like what I've imagined/expected.
Matcha is a bit too bitter but it is still nice overall. But if I have a choice, I'll still go for Cafe Bene's matcha gelato. Will write about that NEXT!

Till then........ Have a great weekend! Thanks for reading. Love ya!


Address: 55, Jalan Gangsa, Bangunan Emum 55, 05150 Alor Setar.

Opening Hours: Sun - Fri 11:30am-3pm; 5:30pm-10pm (Close on Saturday)

No comments:

Post a Comment