Sunday, March 1, 2015

Kedah: Kaede Japanese Restaurant

It is March 2015 already! How time flies! 

Chinese New Year celebration is coming to an end and it is time for my stomach to rest. I get disgusted with meats these few days. This morning I was craving for some salads but I don't have ingredients to make one. Wanted to go for a bowl of Moo Salad at Cafe Diem but I'm lazy to drive there alone and eat. Hence, I have a second thought -- What about trying the japanese restaurant near Teluk Wanjah? 

Yes Yes, you didn't get me wrong. I went to try this new place alone because friends are busy =S

A very small board in the middle of the row of shops.

The menu.
They listed their opening hours on the front page.
Lunch: 11.45am - 3.30pm
Dinner: 5.45pm - 10.20pm
Close on Monday.
Very odd opening hours. 10.20pm?! But well, maybe that's how they make it special.

Small restaurant but the light and decoration make it feel homey. 

Remember that I said I was craving for vege? 
Hence, I ordered a bowl of Sansai Soba (山菜荞麦面) (RM8.80). Loving the mushrooms and vege. The soup is nice too. Totally enjoyed my dinner tonight though I'm all alone. =D 
Who cares when couple beside me give me a strange look?


Ah! Not to forget my side dish -- Inari (RM2.80). 
I have no idea why I love Inari so much recently. But Inari here is still not as good as the one in Ginza. Still good and acceptable. 

Heard that this Kaede Japanese Restaurant exists for a few years in Alor Setar already. I'm a bit slow to explore but it is better than never. =D They serves set menu too. Maybe can try it when I get rid of my fats gained during CNY. Haha... 




Address: 919, Jalan Sultan Badlishah, 05000 Alor Setar, Kedah.

No comments:

Post a Comment