Thursday, January 8, 2015

Kedah: Deco Cafe

#throwback

26th Dec 2014. 

It was supposed to be one of the day during the Christmas long weekend, but sadly, I have to work daily. Oh, and not to forget that I'm on-call for TDM! Duh... what an awesome gift as my Christmas present. I have to be alert towards my phone ringtone 24/7 and it was really challenging. For the entire week, I wake up from my sweet dream in the morning and wondered if I missed out any calls. Luckily none. 

I spent half of the day working and half a day enjoying my holiday. Since one of my favourite friend came back from Baling, we decided to meet up for movie (Night at the Museum) and dinner at a new cafe in Alor Star -- Deco Cafe. 

Deco Cafe is newly opened in Mergong area, opposite Tesco Mergong. Previously, I did screen through its menu and found that they serve western food, and also coffee. Menu seems attractive and hence decided to try it out. (Another reason is that we have no idea where to eat after the movie =P)

3 girls. New Cafe. Ok-ok food.

Friend's order -- Chicken Marryland served with some chips and salad.
Very patriotic serving huh. haha... 


Le Chicken Maryland. There's a jumbo sausage within the stack too. 
Quite fascinating with the sausage and it is really JUMBO size. Overall, I think it is just alright. Taste isn't really of awesome level. Good, but not too good. 


Another friend's order -- Lemon Chicken. Lemon sauce was served in a small bowl and hence you need to dip the chicken for the lemon taste. Just my point of view -- I find that the taste doesn't really blends well if lemon sauce is served separately. 

Fries served in between 2 pieces of fried chicken. 
The chef really enjoy stacking things up. XD 


Mine! Grilled Hawaiian Chicken served with salad and mashed potato. 
There's also a ham and pineapple in between the stack. 


My sauce isn't really nice. But I like the combination -- mashed potato, grilled chicken with some boiled broccoli/carrot. If I were to rate this dish, I would just give a 5/10. Acceptable, but not good enough. 

Apart from food, I also ordered a Ice-blended Green Tea Latte and it was really disappointing. So overall, food is ok and drink is a No-No. Environment wise is nice for gathering though. Spacious and lighting isn't too dim. 


Address:                   No.1, Taman Bandar Baru Mergong,
                                   Persiaran Bandar Baru Mergong, Alor Star

Opening hours:        Sat-Thurs: 12pm-12am ; Fri 4pm-12am

No comments:

Post a Comment