Thursday, September 11, 2014

Kedah: Restaurant Auntie Kang

#throwback

If you are craving for some Nyonya food in Alor Star, you can give this restaurant a try. Located along Lorong Pintu Sepuluh, near MIST cafe and Yi Le Cha Fang (一乐茶坊). This restaurant does not look very fancy from outside and the decoration inside is also rather simple. It gave me a very homey feeling. There's an uncle writing bills for customers when making payment. The uncle is as old as my grandpa and hence I think all the workers in this restaurant are family members. 



Nyonya's homey style decoration. Simpe but got feel.


Look at the cabinet! So antique!


Here's my lunch! Nyonya fried rice (RM5). 
It looks pretty simple but the taste was a bomb! *thumbs up* Every single rice is covered with the sauce. Perfectly fried and served by the aunty chef. 

A great place to have lunch alone. You will not feel lonely as it feels like home. People did stare at me as I occupied a whole table for myself. But hey, there is no smaller table for me. Seem like they serve for family most of the time, not for loner like me. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment