Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Taiping: Shunka Japanese Restaurant

Recently, Taiping has a newly open Japanese restaurant -- Shunka Japanese Restaurant. It is located near Taiping Mall, opposite my dad's shop (Sin Heng Guan Trading in Hawker Centre). Since the location is so strategic for me, I decided to give it a try with my sis. 

Hoping to get some nice desserts and sushi. =)

Went there around lunch time and the restaurant was quite full. 
The decoration in the restaurant is quite nice. Just that I find it not spacious enough as the walkway is quite narrow - waitress has to "squeeze through" if there is people. 

I wanted to try their matcha desserts but the waitress told me they are out of their green tea ice and/or glutinous ball. So sad! The waitress told me they will replace the glutinous balls with more red beans, which does not sounds tempting (The dessert itself already has red bean, just that they will add MORE red beans). Sigh........

HENCE, we've decided to order a hot matcha latte (RM7.90), reluctantly. But surprisingly, it turns out really nice! The matcha taste is rather strong and taste a bit bitter. With the addition of sweet milk, it turns out sweet with a little bitterness. A description of life. =D



After taking order for our drink, we've decided to get some sushi as snacks. Flipped through the menu and realized that they don't offer sushi. They offer main dishes (Japanese + Korean) and dishes, and some appetizers. So NO SUSHI. Sad...

Then we decided to order their Takoyaki (RM8.90) as snacks. It turns out very awful. I can only taste a "tepung ball" rather than sotong ball. Such a disappointing Takoyaki. Night market can get better Takoyaki than this! 


The Takoyaki -- look kinda fascinating. 
But the taste is really disappointing. =(

Overall, I think this restaurant is not too great from their price range. I haven't get to try their main dishes and so far, only their hot matcha latte fascinates me. To go again? Hmmm... Maybe I'll think twice. In Taiping, there are more delicious Chinese food that attracts me. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment