Tuesday, January 14, 2014

HK: Temple Street 庙街 and Sport Shoes Street 波鞋街

This post continues from my previous post. So apparently, I went to Wong Tai Sin Temple in the morning/afternoon and I turned up at Yau Ma Dei (油麻地) and Mong Kok (旺角). I did make a small wrong decision by going Ocean Park at 4.45pm and ended up nobody wanna sell us ticket because the park closes at 8pm. Hmmm... Another kind soul I met in Hong Kong. 

When we reach Yau Ma Dei MTR station, it was about 6pm in the evening. I'm so thankful that there's super convenient public transport in Hong Kong that allows me to make a wrong turn and still didn't waste much time. 

Once we reach Yau Ma Dei, we start to hunt for food! We were walking passed a shop selling claypot rice (煲仔饭) with a super long queue. The restaurant didn't seem fancy but the queue is 2 shop lots away. Since I'm a tourist, I decided to follow the crowd and queued for 1 hour. It's winter and I queued outside to challenge my cold rash. XD

The queue!!! Crazy isn't it!

We ordered our food while queuing. I ordered claypot rice with pork ribs and sausage (排骨腊肠煲仔饭) and my friend ordered claypot rice with eel and pork ribs (白鳝排骨煲仔饭). We ordered another side dish because it sounds delicious -- fried oyster with flour (煎蠔饼). They turned out to be...........

ermm.....
ermmm....
ermmmmmm.......


Very delicious fried oyster with flour. It is biscuit-like and hence super crunchy! They are quite 豪 with their 蠔. 

But the claypot rice is too speechless... Look at my pork ribs and sausage. Nothing much but just pork ribs, sausage, rice and claypot. I was really WTH when I see my food. Queues are misleading. Haihhhhh....

My friend wanna cheer me up and introduced me cream soda! Look at the metal container that the store owner keep all these soft drinks. So traditional! love it!! 

Temple street is just a night market street. LOL

After having our dinner and walk along Temple Street, we decided to walk to Mong Kok to get me a pair of comfy shoes. My boots are killing me badly after 2 days and I have to wear my friend's brother's New Balance out to continue my journey. Walked along the street and hardly find a pair of women shoes to fit my giant feet. Oh man.... Luckily I got a pair of striking red nike shoes after 1 1/2 hour of shopping. Phewww.... 

Mong Kok Sport Shoes Street. Seriously, the whole street is full of shoes shop. Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Asics, You name it they have it. The price is dirt cheap also! My pair of nike is just RM200+. =D

Before heading to cinema for our midnight movie, we walked around Mong Kok and found this Mobile Softee Car. I've seen it in drama and I have to try it! Winter? Don't care. The soft serve is really nice! Too bad it camouflaged with my scarf in this pic. 
Mong Kok is really happening and I shall talk about it in coming post. Till then...... Cheers!!



No comments:

Post a Comment