Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hong Kong Cheung Chau: 允升甜品店

Continue from my Cheung Chau Day Trip post. This post will be about the dessert I've tried in Cheung Chau. We found this shop from food review website and it was a nice try. 

When we arrived at the shop, there were a group of teenagers queuing outside and they insist to wait for seats when the boss asked them to go another shop owned by his son. The shop is quite small, which is normal for shops in Hong Kong. We were lucky coz we are just 2 persons and seats are more likely to be available for us.
Notice the empty table on the left? Yes, that's our seat XD

Mango Cheung Fun (芒果肠粉) (HKD 21) -- white one is coconut and the black one is some seaweed thingy. Honestly, the white one is good but the black one isn't my type of cheung fun. But the mango is really nice. The boss is quite generous with the mango portion (yes, real mango, not paste)

This is called 芒果糯米糍 (like me try to translate -- Mango wrapped with glutinous ball-like skin) (HKD8). This is so good and I do regret for ordering the Cheung Fun. Should have ordered 2 of this. But well, never try never know. Arghhh.... I miss the mango now. 

The shop is located at 長洲新興街3號 and it is not far from the shop that I'm gonna introduce in the coming post. Hope you enjoy the dessert post and stay tuned for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment