Saturday, December 28, 2013

Hong Kong Causeway Bay (铜锣湾) :人和荳品廠

I'm back from Hong Kong and it is time for me to slowly tell what I've tried in HK for 9 days. *wink*
I had very good experience with  the people in HK, which is really different from what I've heard from others. Waiters/waitresses are really friendly and even the salesperson or toilet cleaners make me feel so welcomed. I LOVE HK. haha! 

So today I'm here to share what I had as my first ever meal in HK. My friend and I wanted to eat Wan Tan Mee but we couldn't find that shop in Causeway Bay. Friend said it might moved to other street and we were hungry that time. So we dropped by a small restaurant to have Tau Fu Fa and Fried noodles (Chau Mian) instead. 

From the name of the restaurant -- 人和荳品廠, we can know that it is famous with soy bean products. After looking at the menu, I can say that they only sell soya milk (豆漿), tau fu fa (豆腐花), fried noodles (銀芽炒麵), and some fried tau fu stuffed with fish paste. Every table in the shop ordered the same thing. XD

So we ordered a ginger tau fu fa (薑汁豆腐花), original tau fu fa (豆腐花), fried noodles (炒麵) and fried tau fu with fish paste (魚肉煎豆腐). Because of hunger, I forgot to take photos of my fried tau fu. But it tasted great! Soft texture of the Tau fu is so much loved. The other food comes with pictures and description. Ready? Don't get hungry after reading yea. 

   
Ta-daa!! The very vegetarian fried noodles. Nothing to fancy about as it is just like the normal economy fried noodles. Just that the noodles are thinner compared to those in Malaysia.

Ginger Tau Fu Fa ordered by my dear friend. I tried a bit and it was a good dessert during winter. Ginger can make your tummy feel warmer and less bloated whereas the tau fu fa is soft and warm. Nice combination!! 

My original tau fu fa (means just normal syrup and tau fu fa). What I like about this tau fu fa is that it isn't too sweet and the texture is nice. :)

Great experience for my first meal. HK is really a heaven for traditional style dessert. Definitely wanna go back for tau fu fa. Haha. 

Here's the location of the shop: 銅鑼灣渣甸街55號. It isn't too far away from causeway bay MTR station. Oh well, every place in HK is within walking distance. Just make sure you know how to read the map. 

More food posts to come!! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment