Monday, July 6, 2015

Vietnam: Milano Coffee & my First Instant Cup Noodles after 6 years

                                                    Day 2 of Ho Chi Minh Trip ^_^

Continue from last post...... After visiting Poshanu Cham Towers and a wrong trip back to guesthouse, we headed back to Phan Thiet City.

The driver dropped us at Lotte Mart when we reached Phan Thiet City because we had no idea what to see in Phan Thiet City. We never expect that we have time to explore this place. But well, exploring shopping mall seems like a good idea as the streets look pretty much the same as Ho Chi Minh city.

Lotte Mart is quite a small shopping mall, which has limited choice of restaurants. We were looking for food to fill up our tummy for dinner and at last we had Lotteria as dinner. Lotteria is a chain of fast-food restaurants that was founded in Japan and then expanded to Korea and other countries. Since it is something new to us, no harm trying although it is fast food. XD


Lotteria

I ordered a fish burger and potato shake. 
To me, it is nothing special as compared to other fast food restaurants.

While eating, I saw a cafe opposite Lotteria which looks pretty nice. Of course, I will not missed out the chance to try Vietnam coffee. The cafe looks pretty tempting and I requested to try it out after dinner. =) Grateful that my friends agreed to go with me! Thankful!


Milano Coffee! It looks so classy and they have different kind of seats for us to choose, which are mainly outdoor. Their tables are generally small and hence we have to bend our back while drinking. 

It is quite challenging to order coffee in Vietnam. Their coffees have different numbering, which I have no idea at all. After explanation, those are different coffee with different taste. Some are milder, some are strong. We asked the waiter to get more ideas on what to order. To play safe, I ordered Iced Milano Milk Coffee while my friend ordered Coffee No.3. 

Ta-daa! Here's my cup of coffee. 
In Vietnam, don't be too surprise if you order a cup of iced coffee and your cup is only half-filled. This is because the coffee is too rich and you need to wait for the ice to melt in order to get a cup of coffee with great taste. Need some patience.... =)

After our coffee tasting session at Milano Coffee, we went up to the mart to get some dried fruits as souvenirs. Then, we decided to head back to the guesthouse to pack. Surprisingly, the taxi driver that fetched us to Phan Thiet earlier of the day was still there waiting to drive us back. W-O-W. So, without needing another round of chicken-talking-to-duck kind of conversation to go back to the guesthouse, we decided to take the previous cab back. 

About 10.50pm, we checked out of the guesthouse and headed to The Sinh Tourist office at Mui Ne to wait for another sleeping bus to head back to Ho Chi Minh City. This time, we are all well prepared for the sleeping bus. For me, I cleaned up and wear my sleeping pant to get on board. XD As we need to go for Mekong River Tour 2 hours after we reach Ho Chi Minh, we have no time to check in to our AirBnB in Ho Chi Minh early in the morning. Hence, we packed our toothbrush, pants to change, any make-up material with us to be used in the morning to clean up at the office. We are all pro now. Haha.... 

Me in my comfy sleeping pants and top to be wear to Mekong River tour. 

XD

The bus reached Mui Ne office late! We were suppose to take the 1am bus, but it came around 1.40am. We were all worried that we missed the bus. Luckily it was just late. The whole journey from Mui Ne to Ho Chi Minh, I lost myself in my sweet dream. I have no idea what happened until it reached Ho Chi Minh at 5.30am. Deep sleeper. 

Then, the view in front of me made me stunned for a minute. The office opens at 6.30am. OH NO~ All of us have our luggage with us and there are no place for us to hang out apparently. The street was really quiet at 5.30am. Thankfully, there's a Family Mart beside and they have indoor seating! YEAH! 6 of us moved our luggage and went in to Family Mart and rest. Of course, we looked for food to feed ourselves before the day tour. 

I wanted to get some bread as breakfast but those that were available on rack did not attract me. Hence, I follow the others and got myself a Vietnamese cup noodle.  

Here's my first cup noodle after 6 years.
I had stopped eating instant noodles for a long time. After 6 years, I finally decided to break my plan. 

How does Vietnamese cup noodle tastes like?
Hmm... To me, all instant noodles taste the same. They are just to fill up my tummy. I'm grateful that after this cup of noodles, I wasn't tempted to have another one. Guess I can still continue my plan to stay away from instant noodles for another few years. =)

Apart from cup noodle, I also bought a pack of milk. 
My friend had one packet of this daily throughout our trip. I like this milk too! And it is not expensive (VND 9,000). I tried sweetened, plain and chocolate milk. I prefer the plain one the most! Never never buy the sweetened one. It tastes weird. =S


And here's the end of my post for Day 2 and early Day 3. Mekong River Tour coming up next! My favourite tour of all. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment