Sunday, July 26, 2015

Vietnam: Ben Thanh Market (Day)

Day 5 of Ho Chi Minh Trip ^_^

Last day in Ho Chi Minh and we decided to visit the day time Ben Thanh Market to get some local food for breakfast and also to do some last minute shopping for souvenirs. I've visited Ben Thanh Market at night on the third day of my trip (Click here to read about it). Ben Thanh Market in the morning is more energetic I would say, they have more varieties of products. At night, most of the stalls sell souvenirs like key chains and t-shirts. In the morning, you can see stalls selling coffee, dried fruits, clothes, traditional clothings, etc etc... 

For myself, I prefer morning market. Maybe because it is indoor and I feel safer as compared to walking at night by the roadside with lots of motorcycles. 

The entrance of the morning Ben Thanh Market. 

First, there's a lot of stalls selling clothes. 
I am quite interested with their traditional clothes but I have too few VND in my pocket. Hence, it helped me to save money. Not to see, not to buy. 

Here's the section where you can buy dried fruits, coffees, and a lot of interesting stuffs. 

For me, I am only interested with the coffee and dried fruits. In order to buy souvenirs, I went to a money changer to change some VND for me to do some shopping. Then, I spent all my VND in buying dried fruits and souvenirs. I even owe my friends money and  returned them in MYR instead. Too much shopping.. Tsk tsk....... 

Lesson of the day: Change enough money and spend wisely. Spending all VND makes me feel terrified. Luckily I have some extra USD which allow me to change at the money changer. Without the extra money, I think I will have problem coming back to Malaysia. 


Our Breakfast: Crab Noodles (one for RM5)
This is really good and cheap!

These attracts me! Fancy desserts. 

We bought some spring rolls to try too! Normal and fried ones.
The sauce is special and goes so well with the fried spring rolls. 


The stall that sells spring rolls and other snacks (as shown below)

Sugarcane wrapped with meat. So special and so good! 

Mango milkshake.
Milkshakes are cheap here. This costs me about RM2.50 and it is super rich with mango. Really worthy. 

Really enjoyed my breakfast in Ben Thanh Market and happily shopped for souvenirs. Then, we feel sad to leave Ho Chi Minh. Catching our flight in less than 6 hours. Awww... Can we stay here for another day....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment