Friday, November 21, 2014

Petaling Jaya: Metal Box Restaurant & Cafe ++++ Favourite Face-to-Face Pan Mee

#throwback

Here comes another throwback post of my KL food hunt during Deepavali weekend!! This time, I'm gonna share about a new cafe that I've visited in Empire Damansara and also share with you my love for Face-to-Face Pan Mee.

First of all, let me share with you my experience dining at Metal Box @ Empire Damansara. =D 
I was discussing with friends about places to try. So many new cafes in KL since the day I moved back to Taiping -- HOW TO CHOOSE?? Bunny gave me a few choices and I decided to try Metal Box Restaurant & Cafe. I like the special design of the cafe and the photos from other food blogs seem very promising.  

And, I'm glad that all the guys are willing to try this place with me. *so touched... Awww.....*

Photo taken from EatDrinkKL: http://eatdrinkkl.blogspot.com/2014/10/metal-box-empire-damansara.html
Upon arrival, my friend told me that one of the chef is actually from Taiping. Same kampung! Should give some support. XD Apart from that, when I was reading other food blogs, I found that there's one chef from The Red Beanbag, now opening his own pioneering cafe in a amicable exit. This makes the food seem more promising isn't it as The Red Beanbag has been so famous for so long in Publika with their awesome brunch menu. 

Simple, yet complete menu of Metal Box. 
Pasta? YES
Brunch menu? YES
Main? YES
Dessert? YES
Coffee/Chocolate? YES
Juices? YES

Since it is quite new, expect for long queue! 
We went there around 1.30pm and we queued for around 25 minutes for our seat. 
Got ourselves an outdoor seating that day and luckily the weather was fine. 

5 of us took a while to decide on what to eat. I've ordered their Specialty French Toast (RM14.90) and a cup of Hot Chocolate (RM10.90). Two of my friends ordered big breakfast, one ordered pasta and one ordered Guinness pancake.

Waited for a while and most our food were served, except my french toast. Luckily they served my Hot Chocolate, so I spent my sweet time tasting my drink and snap photos of my friend's food. *annoying girl =P *
Guinness Pancake (RM14.90) that attracts me the most!
Served with Raspberry sauce and Gula Melaka Syrup. The raspberry sauce is so concentrated and nice. Reminds us about our trip in Tasmania, where we visited a raspberry farm.

Close up of the pancake! 
Love the golden pancake. so nice!

My lovely Hot Chocolate. =D


After about 20 minutes, my french toast is served! 
Awww..... LOOK! I have the raspberry sauce too! Drools.....

This french toast is really nice! Not oily and they served it with nuts and raspberry sauce. 
Feel so refreshing. Less guilty while eating. XD

Overall, I would rate this place as 7.5/10. Environment is quite nice, but lighting is a little bad indoor. Service is a little slow but the workers are friendly. =) Food is great but I need to try more of their food to come to a conclusion. Worth coming for a second time! 


Address: G12, Empire Damansara, Damansara Perdana, Petaling Jaya.

Opening hours: Tues-Thurs: 10am-10pm
                           Fri: 10am-11pm
                           Sat-Sun: 9am-11pm

**************************************************************************************

For dinner, I met up with another friend (Hostel gang mate). He asked me what I miss the most and I said PAN MEE! So yeah, we ended up eating Face-to-Face Pan Mee in SS15. Due to strong competition, now they offer set meals, which include noodle of your choice + soup/fried dumplings + water for around RM10. Quite worthy. 

Here's my chili pan mee! Oh dear, how much I've miss you. *NOM NOM NOM*
*finish in 5 minutes*

We don't need fancy food to satisfy our cravings. We need good food. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment