Monday, November 10, 2014

Photobooming of food photos -- a phenomenon

Read a few articles about taking photos of food. One of the articles that I read from Elitedaily (Click here for the article) shows photos of people taking photos of people taking photos of their food. It seems like taking photos of food is an Asian thing. Of course, there are plenty of articles complaining photobooming of food on social media. Why people want to take photo of their meal?? One article says that it is merely to show off and of no meaning. Hmmm.... Perhaps it's true!

Being someone who take photos of food TOO, I have some statements to defend myself against showing off on social media. First of all, I take photos of food for my food blog and the blog is a place where I keep my memories and share my thoughts. NOT SHOWING OFF. Secondly, it is a way for me to keep track of the quality of my food. There's one cafe that I always visit shows deteriorating quality for their waffle design. So disappointing. Sigh. NOT SHOWING OFF as I only post that once on Instagram (other ugly ones I keep to myself) XD

In general, I do agree with people that got frustrated with food photos on social media. 
"YOUR HOMECOOKED FOOD DON'T HAVE TO BE ON FACEBOOK EVERY SINGLE DAY!"

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO POST YOUR BREAKFAST, MORNING TEA, LUNCH, AFTERNOON TEA, DINNER, SUPPER AS IF YOU ARE DOING A REPORT"

However, if someone posts it during a trip, or a celebration, I can accept tonnes of photos on my news feed (I can just scroll down as if it is transparent.. haha!)

Google image from:
http://fusionfoodtruck.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/what-americans-think-about-asian-foods-and-even-asians-2
Food photography is an art! Maybe asian will excel in it! XD 

No comments:

Post a Comment