Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hong Kong Stanley Beach (赤柱) & Repulse Bay (浅水湾)

9 days in Hong Kong means I have plenty of time to slowly enjoy the scenery in Hong Kong. It's winter when I visited Hong Kong but I wish to pay a visit to beaches. Yes, I love beach, blue sky, sea and the relaxing environment. Discussed with my friend and we decided to visit Stanley beach and Repulse Bay. Both are famous beaches in Hong Kong, located in southern district, and there are plenty of nice condominiums and houses around that area. 

Stanley Beach is our first stop. There are a few tourist attractions along Stanley Beach -- Stanley Market, Stanley Plaza, Murray House, etc. There are a lot of fancy restaurants, mostly serving Western cuisine. I saw a lot of foreigners drinking wine/beer or enjoying their chips, either sitting in the restaurant or walking by the beach. Another interesting thing along Stanley Beach is that you can see a lot of people walking their dogs. Whatever breed that you can think of, you can find them there. Stanley Beach is where rich people hang out I suppose. XD

We spent about 3 hours at Stanley Beach, walking, visiting Stanley Market, taking pictures and also did some shopping. Of course, we feed ourselves with a huge slice of pizza from a pizza shop nearby. Food is a must for a tourist.  

The blogger in pink dress with beautiful sea view @ Stanley Beach

This is another side of Stanley Beach, where I have an opportunity to meet a Hong Kong artist. Didn't manage to grab a photo with him but I stared at him twice that day. Stalker XD

After spending our time in Stanley Beach in the afternoon, we quickly grab a bus to Repulse Bay to watch sunset by the beach. Repulse Bay is quieter compared to Stanley Beach and there are more tourists. I saw some "hyperactive" chinese aunties trying to pose for photos by the beach. Some of them did jump shots, some of them were playing with water, while some of them try to pose with their scarfs. Yes, I tried to imitate the aunties to be a hyperactive tourist. Haha... 

Repulse Bay is so pretty during sunset. The sands became orange and they are really soft to step on. The condominiums along the beach is really pretty. I love their designs. Repulse Bay is one of the most expensive housing areas in Hong Kong. If you need to hunt for a rich husband/wife, you can try walking around this area daily. =D

Look at the orange-y beach! 

The blogger, sea, and the sunset.

Pretty condominiums. 

I really like these two beaches. Would like to visit again during spring/summer/autumn so I could take of my shoes and play around. Winter is too challenging for me and my cold rash.

Stay tuned for my next post! Hope you enjoy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment