Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hong Kong Ladder Street 楼梯街 and Duddell Street Stone Steps 都爹利街石阶

Ladder Street is located in Sheung Wan, is a place where you can often see in TVB dramas. Since I am a TVB fans, I decided to pay a visit there after going Stanley Beach and Repulse Bay. Ladder Street can be found in dramas such as "Outbound Love" (单恋双城) and "Heart of Greed" (溏心风暴). I went there in the evening so the feeling is kinda from what I've expected from the dramas.  

The Ladder Street is really long! Our legs were tired that time and we decided to walk half of the street. If you want to have a walk before hitting Lan Kwai Fong (兰桂坊) for the night, ladder street may be a good spot. This street is really romantic at night, with the yellow lamps. Couples can have a walk here and pretend like some TVB actors. =D


Ladder Street! Very tourist pose. haha...

Romantic ladders. Unique, long and antique. I love the environment here. My friend and I spent half an hour here to pose and take photos. We even take out umbrellas to pose as if we are capturing for a music video.


Next Stop: Duddell Street Stone Steps. 

Duddell Street is located in Central, nearer to Lan Kwai Fong. More dramas are taken here: "Healing Hands" (妙手仁心), "Survivor's Law" (律政新人王), "The Drive of Life" (岁月风云). There is a Starbucks Coffee Shop up the Stone Steps, which make this street more developed. This is a better place for photography. I climbed up to sit on the handrails, I climbed up to take photo with the famous gas lamps, I sat on the steps to pretend like a model, etc.... I'm so lucky to have a friend who can take nice photos of mine and also who can think of creative poses for me. That's why people say, you need a good travel partner. I think I found one more. (For your information, I have a few good travel companions. Found them during my student exchange to Melbourne)

I like this photo the most! Me @ Duddell Street. Beware: you need to be careful when you climb up alright. Children needs guidance from parents. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment