Monday, October 5, 2015

Kedah: Tai Kuan Laksa & Caffe Diem

Because I miss Alor Setar......... So here's a post about Alor Setar food! 

TAI KUAN LAKSA

I've always wanted to try this laksa place but my friend said it isn't nice. Being a stubborn girl, I went to try this laksa stall when I was looking for lunch alone. According to Dr Google, this stall is famous with laksa and ice kacang (mixed ice). So, I ordered both to try. 

Don't be surprise that they are actually 2 different stalls. This area is like a small hawker center, with a few food stalls. So you need to order Laksa from one stall and Ice Kacang from another. But their services are really good. I went there and looked a bit lost. Uncle Aunty approached me and sort of guided me to order my plate of Laksa and Ice Kacang.

My lunch at a glance.

Closer shot of the laksa. It isn't really nice as I've imagined. Sorry friend for not trusting you!

Ice Kacang is just O-K. Taiping has better Ice Kacang. =)

******************************************************
Next: Caffe Diem, Pekan Cina

After sharing about the not-so-good laksa and ice kacang, here's a post on my favourite cafe in Alor Setar. This is the first cafe that I've been when I started working in Alor Setar. The hot chocolate impressed me a lot. Hence, I often hang out with friends here. Sometimes, when I was alone, I will still chill in this cafe. I will choose a hidden spot and start writing blogs inside. XD

And here's one day that I was alone, enjoying my coffee and dinner, while typing out my travelogue. Life is good. =D

Tried to take an artistic photo for my cuppa coffee. Success?


Green Curry Chicken Chop -- their new menu (not so new by now)
Very special combination and I really love their fries! *Drools*

My hidden corner in the cafe. =)
It is also the corner that I sat when I first visited this cafe. Memories corner. 

How I miss my days in Alor Setar. I miss the food there already. Thai food is so reachable by then. I miss Keng Som Fish!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment