Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Kedah: Noodle History 尹面之家

It has been a year since I heard about this noodle stall which sells nice Wan Tan Mee. People known it as "Simpang Kuala under-the-bridge Wan Tan Mee". I always wanted to find time to try but because of the queue and late opening time, I'm reluctant to go. I hate to queue. XD

And so nowadays, I have my dinner alone, hence waiting is even more a problem to me. Waiting for food in a table of one will attracts some attention (I think). But last week, when I was making a U-turn under the bridge to go Simpang Kuala shop lots area to go to a stationery shop, I found that there are not many people at the stall. Looking at my clock pointing 7.18pm, I decided to go down and have my dinner at this famous noodle stall. I'm gonna see what's so nice in there. ^_^

The stall is located in a house. Hence, it is a little hard to spot. But don't worry, you won't miss it as you will see a lot of cars parking beside the road. 

I made my order at the counter and the aunty told me that they are starting at 7.30pm. 
Well, just 12 minutes. I can wait. =) So I ordered a small plate of Wan Tan Mee to try.

Hence I picked a table and started to play with my phone. Playing with phones make me feel less awkward to be alone. At 7.30pm, I thought my food will be served immediately, but I was wrong. I have to wait for another 15-20 minutes for my turn as there are people who arrived before me. The queue gets longer as they started their business. More and more customers come in for dine in and more queuing for takeaway. 

After a while, my food is finally served!
Yes, Wan Tan Mee in Alor Setar are all in this colour. I still can't find one with black colour like the one I used to eat back home. The Char Siew looks more tempting than the noodle. XD


The noodle doesn't taste too special to me. There are much more tastier noodles out there. But I can't deny that their Char Siew is good. If I were to come back, I would order more Char Siew (for the Char Siew, not noodle... haha!)

Here shows their opening hours: 7.30pm onwards (close on Saturdays)

Need some direction? 

Hmmm... Let me try to describe... If you were to come from Alor Mengkudu McD, go straight and cross a flyover. Immediately after the flyover, turn left to make a U-turn. The noodle stall will be 1 minute drive away from the U-turn, so just look for it at your right after turning. Hope it helps! =)

3 comments:

  1. Kon low mee is the one with the black sauce you're looking for. It's just called something different up north. Kind of like the hokkien mee in the north on har mee for the rest of Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!Maybe they are just named differently. Malaysia food is so confusing.. They have different name in different region. XD

      Delete
  2. Kon low mee is the one with the black sauce you're looking for. It's just called something different up north. Kind of like the hokkien mee in the north on har mee for the rest of Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete