Monday, December 29, 2014

Kedah: Restoran 5 Utara @ Jitra

Who can resist thai food? 6 months in Kedah and I've tried a few Thai restaurants at different places -- Alor Star, Sungai Petani and Jitra. Particularly love the Thai restaurants in Jitra -- first try was at Sabai Dee Cafe (click here to read my blog post about Sabai Dee) and second try was at Restoran 5 Utara (which I'm going to talk about it now =D ).

Till now, I've tried Restoran 5 Utara for 2 times. 2 times and I still think that the dishes there are really nice. It is about 15 minutes drive from Alor Star (Utara) Toll, so it isn't really really far if you want to get some nice Thai food. I would say the flavour is quite authentic (kut). 

Kaeng Som fish -- Ordered during my first visit.
I find the fishy plate really cute =) seems like many thai restaurant bought this for serving huh. I love the kaeng som here as they served it with my favourite coconut.

Kaeng som is actually Thai Sour Curry. I don't know how to describe it's taste but it is definitely very spicy. Tom yam is spicy but you can expect the spiciness from the smell. For Kaeng som, it smells sour and you thought it would be something appetizing. Instead, it could just burn your tongue off. XD

Stir fry coconut and mixed vege
Most favourite dish of all! It isn't spicy and I really like the coconut. This dish is so refreshing. 


Apple Kerabu.
I like the anchovies, but guess it would be better if it is mango kerabu.

Steamed Sotong with sour soup.
It sounds like something spicy-less right? But no! There are plenty of chili padi inside as trap. As spicy as the Kaeng som fish. Fuhhhhhh......

During my second visit! Went there for lunch with friends and tried something different this time -- Seafood Otak-otak. 

Very nicely cooked Seafood otak-otak. There are prawns, fish and sotong inside. Love the taste too! Thank you friend for recommending this! *like*

Overview of our food during my 2nd visit @ Restoran 5 Utara. 
Steamed La-La in sour soup, Kaeng som fish (half), Otak-otak and stir fry coconut + mixed vege. 

Ooppsss!! Missing those food again. That's the only thing I hate to write about food in the middle of the night. Will spoil my diet plan. XD


Address: 65, Taman Ihsan, 06000 Jitra, Kedah

No comments:

Post a Comment