Saturday, December 20, 2014

Sungai Petani: 2D1N Random food trip

#throwback

Have been working in Kedah for 6 months. Spent most of my time in Alor Star and I've only been to Sungai Petani twice so far. During my second visit, I have the chance to meet up with my beloved "hey-manss", stay-over at their place and being treated with good food. =)

 A short, memorable and sweet trip down to SP. 

First stop: Amanjaya Mall

As I have no idea where is my friend's rented place in SP, we decided to meet up at Amanjaya Mall. The mall is just located on the left after the Sungai Petani (Utara) exit (pretty easy for me to find it). Walked around Amanjaya mall and finished walking in 15 minutes (or lesser). Errrr.... It is about the same as Alor Star Mall. *sigh*

Finally meet up with my friend and she introduced me their favourite ice cream stall. This is really nice! The ice cream stall sells handmade ice cream, which includes green tea flavour, durian flavour, etc.... So hard to choose! All seem nice. Ermmmm.... ERmm..... ERMM....... At last, I ordered a durian ice cream. XD

Durian flavour is nice! Rich texture and fragrance. RM4 for such a nice ice-cream. Quite worthy. Poko-poko is the name of the stall. Located at ground floor of Amanjaya Mall, opposite Blackwood Cafe. 

Second Stop: Second Street Hawker Center (二街)

It is something like wai sek kai (为食街) with 2 rows of food stalls. Friends introduced me their favourite noodle stall and I gave it a try. =) Not bad not bad. 

The chicken floss noodle (dried) served with fish balls and soup. 
Ordered a small one and save some space for other food. Hehe... 

Our side dish -- Loh Bak! 
Did not have loh bak for ages! Quite nice. But feel so guilty after eating all these oily fried stuff. @.@

3rd stop: Muse Cafe

After dinner, sent one of my friend back home to get some sleep before her night shift. Then, me and darling qy continue to hang out in Village Mall and Muse Cafe. Decided to catch a movie in Village mall (super random idea) and so we have about an hour before the movie starts. Hence we chilled at Muse Cafe, a kinda-new cafe in that area. 

Darling QY's flat white. 

My cuppa mocha. 
Not chocolate-y enough. Disappointed.

The environment of the cafe is quite nice. But the coffee is a little disappointing. Cake looks tempting but I did not try. Was too full after dinner. 

The next day, we woke up late due to our late night pillow talk session after our midnight movie. XD

4th stop: Tan Hoi Chang Ice Blended Stall.

Friends had been telling me about this ice blended groundnut for a week. Groundnut is one of my favourite! Die-Die also must try. 

This stall is located near the Sungai Petani bus station. We ordered ice blended groundnut as our breakfast. Yes, you did not read wrongly. It's our BREAKFAST. =D

This is such a boom! Awesomely delicious!
Ice blended groundnut served with milo topping. O-M-G. *saliva dripping*

This stall sells laksa and rojak too. 
To me, only the ice blended groundnut is tempting. XD

5th stop: Asama Thai Restaurant @ Central Square

Met up with another high school mate for lunch @ Asama Thai Restaurant. The food there is good. But sadly, I forgot to take photos. Too busy talking. XD

6th stop: Yoshiya Japanese Restaurant

Last meal before I leave! Heard about this Japanese restaurant for quite some time, but my friends warned me that it is not as good as what I expected. And really, a little disappointing. I miss those Japanese restaurant in KL.

Because I was craving for salmon. AND it wasn't really fresh. NO!

I believe there are more hidden gems in Sungai Petani. Looking forward for the next food trip. Need to do more homework! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment