Friday, November 15, 2013

Cameron Highland: A Weekend Getaway

A recap for my Cameron Highland trip this year. What is so cool about Cameron Highlands? I get different opinions from friends, some says it is boring - there isn't many shops around and you have nothing to see other than nature, some says it is relaxing - a great weekend getaway place where you can clear your mind and enjoy the chilling weather, some says it is a great place for steamboat - when you have steamboat in any non-highland places in Malaysia, I can guarantee that you will sweat like mad, whereas in Cameron, steamboat shops are everywhere and vegetables are fresh and you will appreciate the heat as the temperature can be around 14-16'C.

I went there on a Friday evening and joined a day tour the next morning. The tour was great as I went to some new places instead of all the farms I've been to. (For your information, this isn't my first Cameron Highland trip. I've been there for about 4 times before this.)

First stop early in the morning -- MOSSY FOREST. The picture below tells it all. All the trees in the forest are covered with mosses. I find the trail quite challenging for that day because it was drizzling and the ground was wet and slippery. And guess what, I slipped before stepping out the trail @_@ Then, I have to carry on with other activities with my dirty butt. Great experience! It is just the clumsy me that cause me to slip. I still find mossy forest beautiful and it can be a great hiking place for hikers. =)

MOSSY FOREST

Next stop was another hiking trail, then follow by tea plantation. As I was not in mood and the rain got worse at the other hiking trail, hence I'll skip that part. 

Tea plantation is beautiful and our tour guide gave us a briefing about tea. Interestingly, most of us were't paying attention and busy taking photos. How could you resist the pretty of the greens!

Tea Plantation

Tea Plantation - definitely a good place for photoshoot =P

We had lunch at strawberry farm and it wasn't too filling and a bit over-priced. However, I enjoyed their strawberry salad -- the lettuce and tomatoes are really fresh; strawberries a bit sour though.

Strawberry farm

Our last stop before dinner was waterfall and we also visited Orang Asli (They are really cute and friendly =)). After that, we have steamboat for dinner! (Told ya Cameron Highland has plenty of steamboat places)
Waterfall
It was definitely a great experience for me to explore something different in Cameron. It has something more challenging than farms visit. Yeah, of course you shouldn't miss the fun to visit Honey Bee farm, Cactus farm, Rose farm, Strawberry farm, etc, if you're a first timer.

If you need more information about Cameron, I can provide you some, especially advice for accommodations. =)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment