Friday, December 15, 2017

Kuala Lumpur: Birch @ DC Mall

Birch @ Damansara City Mall is the new, famous cafe hopping place for brunch lovers or Instagrammers. I have been seeing people checking in and my friend who tried, told me that they serve good food (coffee just so-so). Two weeks ago, I finally get to try this place out with a friend. 

DC Mall is a quiet mall and hence parking wouldn't be a problem. And guess what, the parking rate is RM1 per day for weekends! That's a plus point as you can spend quality time with your friends without worrying of your parking fee that will increase exponentially.

They offered us bar seats or else we have to wait for table. As we were quite free that day, we decided to wait for table instead. We left our number and walked around the mall for about 10 minutes. Since there are nothing much that we can see, we waited in front of the cafe and surprisingly was called immediately to our table. Lucky! Note: It would be safer if you call to reserve a table if you have a large group. I observed that a lot of tables were reserved and that's why we need to wait. 

Simple 2 pages menu - Immediately spot for Eggs Benedict that my friend recommended. XD 

Birch Benedict (RM26) -- served with spicy pulled chicken, BBQ sauce, hollandaise sauce!
Favourite combo and it is really good! Finally a brunch place that satisfy me.

Shakshuka (V) (RM25) - Baked eggs.
We shared our meals so I get to try this too! Surprisingly good and better than Breakfast Thieves and VCR in my opinion. My friend who loves meat like this as well. =D 


Burnt Cheesecake (RM18)
This is similar to the famous Tokyo Restaurant cheesecake. I haven't try that so I can't compare. Compare with usual cheesecakes, this is good! It was chilled and super soft. But this definitely need to be shared out if you already have your main meal. It is super filling! Luckily I didn't order coffee, else I can never finish this piece.  

Yours truly. Sorry for missing in action for so long.

We spent about 2 hours enjoying the food and chit-chatting. I am grateful to have friends who will listen to my stupid problems and able to make me feel motivated to face the reality. 


Address: Lot G10-11, GF, DC Mall, Jalan Damanlela, Damansara Heights, Kuala Lumpur
Opening hours: Mon-Thurs (9am-1am); Fri-Sat (9am-2am); Sun (9am-5pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment