Saturday, September 9, 2017

Kuala Lumpur: Merchant's Lane @ Petaling Street

Thanks to the change in job scope, now I have much lesser or almost no free time to spare for this blog. Deeply sorry if there is anyone who follows this blog and is hoping for an update these few months. I am back here today as a method to release my stress. =)

So yeah, here's to share my cafe hopping over the past few months in KL! Let's start with a famous one -- Merchant's Lane.

Merchant's Lane is located at first floor's of a corner heritage shop lot. I was lost when I tried to find my way to this cafe, even after friend's guide from upstairs through the phone. I was walking along that row of shops for several times and still missed it. Indeed, the entrance is rather small and with green doors (Maybe that's why I didn't notice, not obvious to me. Finding excuse XD). It is actually the same row as ChoCha Foodstore (which I tried few weeks after visited Merchant's Lane).

If you still can't imagine what is Merchant's Lane so special about, this is the place where a lot of people posted photos of them on a wooden string. But unfortunately, I did not take any instagrammable photo when I was there. As I was there to meet up ex-colleague for an overdue catch-up over a short time.

Their menu has food with fancy names but not much choices like most cafes in town. I ordered South China Sea as this is recommended in many food blogs whereas my friend ordered their burger. Rose honey milk that was served to my friend was really beautiful, not sure how it taste though. My cappuccino was rather normal only.

Look at this beautiful rose honey milk. So girly!

My dinner! South China Sea - poached eggs, salsa and crispy hash. 
To be honest, this is very disappointing! I can't appreciate/enjoy such combination. Taste is just so-so. Overrated dish.

After finishing up our mains, we decided to give their dessert a try! They have a dessert named "Better than Sex" and we were interested to try out. Haha! 


Here it is! Better than sex - pandan roti jala with melted cheese, served with kaya toast flavour ice cream with gula melaka sauce. How does it tastes like? I have no comment for that name btw, can't compare XD. But as a dessert, this is no good. This is a weird combination, and like South China Sea that I had, they don't blend in well. Awkward taste in the end. 

Apart from unique decoration, which looks antique and good for photos. Else the food is not recommended based on my experience. Price is of mid-range.


Address:           1st Floor, 150, Jalan Petaling, Off Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur. 
                           (Beside ATC College)
Opening hours: Monday (11.30am-9pm), Tues-Wed (Closed)
                            Thurs-Fri (11.30am-10pm), Sat-Sun (9.30am-10pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment