Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Pontian: Restaurant Heng Heng and Kedai Kopi Keng Guan Hiong

Hello there! This would be my last post from Pontian. I am leaving this small town for good after 4 weeks here. As I was really bored, I explored a few food places around this area, including day trips to Batu Pahat and Johor Bharu (JB)! Unexpectedly but predictably, I've grown rounder after stranded here for weeks. Oopss!!

So tonight I am gonna share 2 famous restaurants in Pontian town, which can be found in other Pontian food blogs! These 2 places are apparently very famous, as I saw a lot of Singapore tourists there during my visit. 

#1 Restaurant Heng Heng (兴兴)

This restaurant is famous with its Wantan noodle, which is a specialty in Pontian too! In Pontian, they mainly serve Wantan noodle in ketchup, unless you request for soy sauce version. I requested for ketchup with a little spiciness. Really curious about the taste!

It's almost 2pm and there are still a lot of people here.

Apart from noodles, they also serve otak-otak for each table. They will count according to the amount that you consume later. It is around RM0.80-RM1 per piece. Sorry, my memory don't serve me well recently. I decided to try one and it is just so-so. 

The noodle is served!! It is typical Wantan noodle combination, with fishballs! How does it tastes? It's sweet but won't be too over as I requested for some chili to be added. Overall, it is fine. I still prefer my soy sauce Wantan noodle XD Good to try though! 

Can't really see the red colour in this photo. 

Address: 766, Jalan Parit Mesjid, Taman Anggerik, Pontian, Johor. (It is not too hard to locate! )
Opening hours: 9am-6pm (closed on Fridays)

#2 Kedai Kopi Keng Guan Hiong (琼源香)

I have been craving for good coffee and went to try out this famous coffee shop, which is quite near my hotel! I have read about the sourness of coffee in Pontian and feel really interested to try it out. To be honest, I am craving for a cup of Ipoh White Coffee now! How I miss Perak! Haha...

There's also a lot of people here! Why is it crowded everywhere I go??

Ordered a cup of coffee and a set of toast (kaya+butter). The kaya is home-made and they also sell coffee powder here. Should be good, I think.
Coffee is served after 5 minutes of waiting! The condensed milk is at the bottom. So it will change colour once you stir it. It is not as strong as coffee in Ipoh, but still good. Worth a try. I like the aroma.

My toast with half-drank coffee. =) Great tea-time combo! 
The kaya is good! Ahhh.... No wonder they have so many customers. 

Address: 15, Jalan Limau Kasturi, Taman Suraya Indah, Pontian, Johor. (opposite Pontian Fish Market)
Opening hours: 5am-5pm (closed on Monday)

Will share my day trips to JB and BP soon! Stay tuned!! ;) Pontian, till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Heyy, how are you doing in Pontian? Guess you've gone back to Setapak? I've been to this restaurant once i think. The outlook looks familiar. Seems like your work in Johor has been fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be that as it may, it isn't fundamental that your children can't visit a bar. Indeed, there are a few bars that you might not want to take your children to. texas roadhouse alexandria va

    ReplyDelete