Monday, January 11, 2016

Langkawi: Island Hopping

Langkawi is an archipelago made up of 99 islands in the Andaman Sea. If you are here for an island getaway, please don't miss out island hopping in your itinerary. I had missed Island Hopping for the past years and I am glad that I did it in Dec 2015. I love the lake so much -- Dayang Bunting. Let me briefly tell you my island hopping experience in Langkawi. 

I didn't do any research for this trip and hence I thought I would need to go Kuah jetty to get on board for Island Hopping trip. But I was wrong. I read some blogs on Langkawi Island Hopping trip and found out that there is another jetty, which is at Pantai Tengah, where we start our Island Hopping trip. 

I booked my trip via hotel receptionist as I have no idea how to get one in 2 hours time. Luckily there are availability for 3 of us. Each of us paid RM35 for the trip and it includes hotel pick-up. Awesome! Save our energy to look for the jetty. ^_^

At the Jetty. Saw the sign board of Dayang Bunting and felt nothing about it. 
Going to a lake? Seriously? Taiping has lake too. Well, I'm looking forward for beach. Will just drop by this for a good look. That was my first impression and I was so wrong!

The weather is so sunny in the morning! Hello blue sky! Hello blue sea! =D

Here we go! Off to the sea! Hello bright sun!

Saw a cruise on our way to Dayang Bunting. Hmm... I need to plan for a cruise trip. =D


Does this looks like a pregnant lady?? 

Upon reaching Dayang Bunting.... The water becomes greener. 

Here we are! At the port!
A short walk to the entrance. 

Malaysians need to pay RM3 for conservation fee (This doesn't include in the RM35 that we've paid earlier).  I am not too sure about international fare. >.<

Here we are! The Legendary Lake! 
I was amazed with the view. Can't believe with my own eyes. Gosh, this place is so beautiful. You can choose to have a boat ride to enjoy the view. 

They have children pool for kids to enjoy the water. 

Panorama view of the whole place. So beautiful isn't it. 

I tried jumping in the lake for a swim but I was so afraid to let go and swim freely. It has been too long since I last swim in a pool. Fear overcome my excitement and I was holding the rope all the time! Very embarrassing. XD

Let me elaborate a bit on Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest Park. The biggest attraction of the Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest Park is the developement of a large doline originated fresh water lake named as Tasik Dayang Bunting (English: Lake of Pregnant Maiden), side by side with the natural landscape sculpture of the said mythical pregnant maiden resting on her back. The local believed that the lake water has some magical ingredients that could fulfill wishes of unfortunate childless couple to gain fertility. Apart from that, the Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest Park also featured karstic landscapes, but from a mixture of those developed on marble of Chuping formation and limstone of Setul Formation. This park has some very fine cave such as those at Pulau Lima and Pulau Dua, sea stacks and other wave related features. (information from here)

Last few photos before leaving this amazing place. 

Group photo of us! Similar shades, similar smile. Heart these 2 girls to the max! 

Let's go to the next stop! Eagle feeding.

Selfie time with the blue sky =D



Eagle feeding spots! There are so many eagles flying around. Boats stopped and the tour guide start to throw chicken to feed the eagles. This is my first time watching eagles in such close distance. =O


Stopped a while to watch eagle feeding, then we proceed to the beach --> Pantai Beras Basah. 

This beach has soft sand but we reached here at 12pm. Totally not keen to go to the sea and get tanned. We were hiding under the trees and chit chat while waiting for our boat to fetch us back. 

Looking great though. Too bad we were here at the wrong time. It was too HOT!!!

Anyway, I enjoyed my time here. Enjoying some biscuits and catch up with the girls. It has been a while since we do this together. Island hopping is really great for bonding. =D

The whole trip took us around 4 hours and I think it is totally worth going. I will go for this again if I were to come Langkawi. Next time, I want to swim at the lake, freely. Haha.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment