Friday, January 15, 2016

Explore Selama Part I: Restaurant Country & Refuel Cafe

5 months working in Selama, Perak. To be honest, I haven't really explore much of Selama. Most of my lunch were home-cooked or buns. So I'll rather stay in the office rather exploring myself to the hot sun. XD If I were to go out to hunt for lunch, I seriously don't know where to go.

Whenever people ask me what Selama has, I don't know how to answer as I never explore. So, I've decided to explore Selama town more in this new year of 2016. Hmm... It is one of my new year resolution, which I think should be quite achievable. Haha... 

So....... What I've explored so far?

I found a chinese restaurant which serves nice coffee. Restaurant Country (家乡饭店) is where you can find seafood and various chinese dishes. They also offer some friend noodles, such as Wat Tan Hor (滑蛋河). I've tried their rice and also Wat Tan Hor, not superb but they are quite nice. Then there is one day that I ordered Iced Coffee as I was feeling really sleepy in the afternoon. Surprisingly, the coffee that they served is of good quality. Coffee Kao Kao (very thick texture). 

This is the Iced Coffee. 
Very tempting isn't it? And it isn't expensive. I remember it is around RM2+.

Last week, I wanted to look for a place with air-conditioning for lunch as the weather is burning hot. Then I thought of a cafe near Caltex and hence I drove there for a try. Refuel Cafe is located beside Caltex and the Dobi. It is quite easy to locate. 

At first I thought Refuel Cafe is the kind of hipster cafe which I could have my cuppa coffee. I didn't visit hipster cafe for a very long while already. But yet, this disappoints me. This is not hipster at all, but it provides a wide range of food. From waffles, to sandwiches, to chicken/fish chop, to Nasi Lemak and noodles. 

This is how it looks. Pretty simple layout.

I ordered their Peppery Chicken Chop (RM8.80), which serves with fries and baked beans. I ordered something local as beverage -- Iced Neslo. Both of them costs me RM12 in total. I think the price is quite decent for a such a big portion of chicken chop and the drink is nice too. 

Looking forward to find some good food here. Please look forward for Explore Selama Part II. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment