Saturday, January 30, 2016

Kedah: Fried Porridge @ Serdang

~~Short Trip to Serdang, Kedah during Friday Lunch Break~~

If you read my previous post about Explore Selama I (click here to read), you would know that I am currently working in Selama, Perak. During a Friday long lunch break, I drove to Serdang, Kedah to hunt for food. From Perak all the way to Kedah?? Don't be too surprised as Selama is being divided into Selama (Perak) and Selama (Kedah). So crossing the border to Serdang, Kedah, isn't too far. It was just a 15-20 minutes drive. ^_^

Here's the map! Look how near it is between Selama and Serdang.

I wanted to try the famous Fried Porridge but they only open in the evening. So I simply stop by a restaurant for lunch. Surprisingly, they sell fried porridge here too! Due to my curiosity about fried porridge, I ordered one to try. Fried Porridge, is it similar with Fried Rice? Let's see..... Let's see.....

This is the restaurant I stopped for lunch. Just opposite the restaurant with famous fried porridge.
Pretty historical restaurant.....

Waited for 10 minutes and fried porridge is finally here!

This is how fried porridge looks like. It is still of porridge texture, but fried with soy sauce, cuttlefish, pork, vege and eggs. This stall's fried porridge is salty but overall it's nice. =P

After lunch, I went to explore Serdang Lake Garden, which is 2-3 minutes away from the restaurant. Great scenery here! Although it is not as beautiful as Taiping Lake Garden, it still able to give me a sense of peacefulness. 



Simple and nice scenery.

They have a playground too!

Need to continue explore more places around Selama area. Hope to have more surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment