Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Perak: West Joy Cafe @ Taiping

During Chinese New Year, I have strong cravings for Thai Food. XD I used to have Thai Food at least once every 1-2 weeks when I was back in Alor Setar. Staying in Taiping for now, I have no idea where to get delicious authentic Thai Food. I was telling my sister about my cravings and she suggested me to try out a Thai Cafe, which open for around a year plus -- West Joy Cafe. She strongly recommend their green curry and I am interested to try.

So, one day, I went to try out the cafe with my sister. It was a cafe with simple design, located Opposite Prima Cafe (the hawker stalls, not the classy prima cafe). Flipping through the menu, their pasta attracted me - GREEN CURRY PASTA! How to resist the urge to try! Will they match? Will they match? So, I ordered a green curry pasta and a plate of pad thai (to try their authencity.. XD)

Here's their Pad Thai!
I would say, it is not up to my expectation. Though the amount of peanuts is generous, the overall taste is still disappointing.

Green Curry Pasta.
This is a boom! It is served with chicken and also some vege. Surprisingly, green curry matches spaghetti really well. It is kinda spicy but I like it! 

Overall look of our food of the night.

The outside of the cafe. Simple. and Green curry is nice.
Will come back to try their tomyam one day. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment