Thursday, March 31, 2016

Perak: Pasir Pinji Big Tree Foot (Dai Shu Geok) Yong Tau Foo & Funny Mountain Soya Bean

Have you ever visit Ipoh, a town famous with good coffee and good food? If you never, or if you been there a few times, have you ever try the famous Yong Tau Foo stall at Pasir Pinji? It is also known as Big Tree Foot (Dai Shu Geok) Yong Tau Foo stall. Not long ago, they moved their stall to the next door and hence you need to make sure you didn't go to the wrong stall.

They have few types of noodles to order - soup, dry soy sauce and laksa. I never try their laksa so this time I ordered their laksa. Sister kept recommending their laksa to me, saying that it is cheap and nice. Comparable to the one in Penang. So I am gonna try it! And definitely need to order their super nice and famous Yong Tau Foo. Miss it so much!

This stall is always crowded, especially during lunch hours. So pray hard for a seat! XD I went there around 1pm on a Thursday afternoon and there isn't as many people as expected (still very pack though). I went to find a seat while sis and dad went to order food. This is a way to get a seat and your food ordered fast! 

Food is served! Here's the laksa. I choose bihun (rice vermicelli) and normal yellow noodles as combination instead of normal laksa noodle. I love this combo as bihun can absorb the delicious laksa soup and make the bowl of laksa tastes even better. RM3 for such a big bowl of nice laksa. Totally worth the try! I am already hungry even just thinking about it only. 

And Ta-Daa! Yong Tau Foo is served! They have fried and soup one. But I personally prefer their fried stuff as they are nicer and crispy.

Oh! Don't forget to order some drink while you are here too!
Red bean smoothie is my favourite. They have green bean smoothie too, which is harder to find in other place. Pretty refreshing and goes well with laksa and Yong Tau Foo. These make up a good combination. *Slurpss*

After having a full and satisfying lunch, we walked to a biscuits shop nearby to get peanuts bar and kaya puff. Have to queue for the peanut bar (花生糖) but definitely worth it as it is not very sweet. It comes with some salty taste as well. Too bad I'm having bad toothache now. If not I would be munching the peanut bar while typing out this post. Hehe...

In Pasir Pinji area, there are nice dessert shop and also a famous swiss roll bakery (JJ Swiss Roll) which is not far from the Big Tree Foot Yong Tau Foo place. You could drop and try if interested or if you still feel hungry. I usually stuff myself with a lot of Yong Tau Foo and can't afford to drink a sip of water. 


After that, you may drive to town area for the famous soy bean drink and Tau Foo Fah at Funny Mountain. I never try their soy bean drink and hence I decided to drop by their drive through service and get one to try. Yes, you didn't get me wrong, they do have drive through service for such a small shop.  

Funny Mountain stall. Photo taken while I was waiting for my turn for drive-through service. 

I bought a big bottle of soya bean drink for RM6 and I think that's too sweet and nothing special. Tried their Tau Foo Fah before and feel that it is too overrated. To me, this stall has nothing special. Tau Foo Fah is nice but not worth the price and queue. I wouldn't really recommend this place. 

Just to share my experience at Pasir Pinji Big Foot Tree Yong Tau Foo and Funny Mountain Soya Bean stall. Hope you guys enjoy reading! Cheers to more good food hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment