Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Cambodia: Short Getaway to Siam Reap Part 10 (Cambodian Cultural Village)

Day 4 in Siam Reap

After having our exotic lunch at Pub Street, we continued our tour to Cambodian Cultural Village. We were told that there will be nice cultural shows. So glad that we have our tour guide with us. If not, I don't think any of us can understand the shows. Shows were performed in Cambodian language and it's a big challenge to understand. 
The entrance ticket with the programme timetable at the back.

The cultural village is not just about shows. It has a lot of things to see also. Miniature Royal Palace, miniature sleeping buddha, miniature floating village, etc.... 

Hello Royal Palace!
It is nice to see the miniature version as I have no chance to see the real one in Phnom Penh. Even the miniature version showed a large compound. I wonder how big it would be in real. 

Tourist photo. =)

Dion and me with the gold palace.

With the miniature sleeping buddha. 

This is one of the show that we watched. The first show. Cambodian traditional dance I guess?
It is something like our Malay traditional dance. Pretty much similar.

Took a photo with the performers in their traditional clothes. Thanks for the shows!


Miniature floating village.

While walking to another show, we found a food stall and saw this egg. It seems so special!
Of course we would wanna try! Bought one to try only because we are worried with the taste. It turns out very nice as it is just egg with peppers. Something new ^_^

This cute one, smiling so happily =D

There are also chinese cultural shows with lots of chinese miniature buildings.
The bridge. 

Lion dance. Their shows are pretty amazing. 
Though the last peacock shows make me feel drowsy as I have no idea what it is talking about and my tour guide is far away from me. 

This is one of my favourite comedy show.
Without any conversation, it made me laughed non-stop. 

It is always fun to visit cultural village, if there is any, if you visit a new place. I used to go Kuching cultural village and it amazed me also! And there it ends our 3-day tour with the tour guide Vanith. We had a very nice French + Khmer fusion dinner at night in the city. Then, we went back to our hotel to rest and drink as it is my last night in Cambodia (2nd last for my friends). 

Will be posting up about the hotel and 5th day itinerary in a bit. Stay tuned! 

*Special thanks to my new friend for taking all the photos throughout the trip. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment