Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Kedah: Blackwood Coffee & Chocolate

After such a long while, finally Blackwood Coffee & Chocolate opens in Alor Setar. Its opening has been a few months and so far I've visited 3-4 times. Before Blackwood opens in Alor Setar, they have branch at Sungai Petani, which I passed by once and always wanted to try. Cake seems good.

During my first visit, I tried their coffee and pasta. Coffee was great but pasta is just so-so. I ordered a salmon carbonara pasta and it turned out very salty (to me). Hmm.... Noted that I shouldn't order pasta the next time, but their other dishes still attracts me a lot. It is one of the very few cafe that serves sandwiches, burgers, and breakfast menu. 

Second visit, I went there for desserts. Ordered a slice of carrot cake that time and found that it is just alright. Not too fascinating. To be honest, the price is a little expensive as compared to other places. 

Third visit, will be the one that I'll be showing in this post. A random idea for brunch before weekend shift at 12pm. I woke up at 10.30am and went out of the house at 10.45am. Drove and reached there at around 10.55am. Ordered food at a very fast speed and waited nervously for my food to be served. So scared that I might be late for work. I ordered a set of big breakfast and a cup of latte. 

Waited for about 5 minutes and my coffee was served. Very elegant latte art. 
The coffee is nice. Love the bitterness and smooth texture of the coffee. 


At around 11.25am, my food was served. Finally! 

This set of big breakfast looks really tempting. It has my favourite roasted tomato, mushrooms and scrambled eggs. Slurpsss... The taste is comforting because it has been a long time I have a set of big breakfast as brunch. BUT....... Antipodean's big breakfast is still way better (and just a little more expensive). Here, they don't serve hashbrown..... WHERE IS MY HASHBROWN???


I finished up my meal at 11.40am and in the speed of light, I paid my bill and drove to hospital to work. Reached on time! Fuh.... Such a crazy morning. I should not do this next time. What if I'm late to work? What if my food was served very late? Note to self......... Don't be last minute.... 

Address: Blackwood Coffee & Chocolate is located at Teluk Wanjah, at the shoplots in front of C-mart. Very near to Alor Setar Tower. A very decent location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment