Thursday, April 27, 2017

Pontian: Kemangi Restaurant (Mee Gulung)

Hi all!! It's been a while since I update this blog. Have been going to different places for the past few months. Hong Kong trip, Kuantan working trip, and guess what, I am currently in Pontian (Johor)! Travel too much this year! Oopss.

Pontian is a small town in southern part of Johor. I will share more about this town in later post. Today, I would like to share about my visit to this restaurant called Kemangi Restaurant, which serves Mee Gulung.

What is Mee Gulung?? Sounds special right? Will show you in a bit.

Kemangi Restaurant is easily located as it is just by the main road side. It is a halal restaurant and they serve a variety of food! Fried rice, noodles, ayam penyet, tom yam, etc...  From a short review online, I noticed that they serve something special, which I never heard of -- Mee Gulung. It is noodles wrapped by omelette, served with sweet/spicy gravy (Kemangi version) or soup based (something like Mee Kung Fu)

I went there with my new colleague and ordered Mee Gulung Kemangi. Was really looking forward to try it out. =) The food was served really quickly! 

My first time trying this type of noodles! It was served with seafood and vege. This costs me RM7! Good deal, especially in such a restaurant with good environment. The taste is not too sweet nor spicy. Just nice and its very stomach-calming! Was really hungry before dinner XD

The spacious and comfy restaurant. Not many people though, although it is Thursday night (which should be like Friday night in other states). But it's great! I like quiet place which I can talk to my new colleague easily. 

Can't wait to try more new food in Pontian and surrounding areas! Will try to update more often, I promise...

Kemangi Restaurant
Address: 907, Jalan Bakek, Tingkat Bawah, 82000 Pontian Kechil, Johor
Opening hours: 11am-11pm (daily)

No comments:

Post a Comment