Sunday, February 28, 2016

Perak: Steamed Sandwich (刈包) @ Taiping

So busy with work! Finally I have time to update this blog!

Have you ever heard of steamed sandwich -- koah pao (刈包)? It is also known as Taiwanese Hamburger. I never try one when I visited Taiwan, but I found a stall in Taiping which sells delicious steamed sandwich. The stall is located in a kopitiam, opposite Prima Restaurant. The stall sells steamed sandwich (刈包), Dumplings (水饺) and Steamed Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜).

Here is how the steamed sandwich looks like! 

You can choose either chicken or pork, with or without egg. I always ordered one with egg because it costs only RM3 with additional egg. So cheap!!! The sandwich bun is soft, mantou (馒头) texture. It has very nice sauce with peanut. Yumzzz.... One down side is..... The owner will need some time to prepare. Be prepare to wait and it is totally worth the wait! =D

I also ordered the dumplings! It is so crunchy and delicious. And doesn't look too oily. 

Definitely will visit this stall again if I want some special, cheap and nice dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment